• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

You tell me where it is safe----

I'm already sick of it

everyone is worried there will be a copycat, well with all this coverage on every channel sure kids are going to want to be famous.

I wonder what the out come would have been if there were 1 or 2 concealed weapons permit holders that were packing in the theater ?? :guns

My day starts around 0530ish and I have the radio on the news channel so I can get caught up on the traffic conditions. I heard a couple of references to a shooting in Aurora, with a couple of mixed reports of where it happened. I caught the name Aurora right away as that was where I received my USAF training. WTF when I heard that young children were in the theater. When we saw Spiderdude 2 weeks ago it was the same shart. WhyTF cannot people take their babies to the sitter when they go to a movie. So I got to hear nobama interrupt his campaign speech to talk about the tragedy in Colorado. So then the news dudes are like well I guess the candidates are going to have to respond to their positions on gun control now.
I am saddened by the whole event and do pray for the victims.

fd

Re: Re: You tell me where it is safe----

"70 StangMan" said:
I wonder what the out come would have been if there were 1 or 2 concealed weapons permit holders that were packing in the theater ?? :guns

Not much. From what I've read, dude was in full body armor and helmet. Then factor in a dark smoke filled theater. It would have been a catastrophe no matter what.

"Gigantopithecus" said:
Not much. From what I've read, dude was in full body armor and helmet. Then factor in a dark smoke filled theater. It would have been a catastrophe no matter what.

That's why I practice head shots!

"silverblueBP" said:
That's why I practice head shots!

Ok Carlos Hathcock. Now just how good of a shot would you be in a that location while being fired at and total chaos?

I don't practice moa, but mobg. Minute of bad guy.

"Gigantopithecus" said:
I respectfully disagree....dark and smoke filled theater would provide a perfect camouflage to pull and fire your weapon at a perp that was lit up by the big screen he was standing in front of ( at least some of the time) and one wittiness said he had to stop to reload. Too many people for him to concentrate on to pay attention to everyone down in dark isle unlike a bright department store or bank. The guy got all dressed up in his gear and shot a shit load of unarmed people and when the cops showed up with their own guns he threw his hands up and and showed just how big of a pussy he was. I think if someone returned fire at the little bastard he probably would have pussied out just as quick or maybe took a head shot. I know I would have tried. Just my opinion.

Re: Re: Re: You tell me where it is safe----

"70 StangMan" said:
I respectfully disagree....dark and smoke filled theater would provide a perfect camouflage to pull and fire your weapon at a perp that was lit up by the big screen he was standing in front of ( at least some of the time) and one wittiness said he had to stop to reload. Too many people for him to concentrate on to pay attention to everyone down in dark isle unlike a bright department store or bank. The guy got all dressed up in his gear and shot a shit load of unarmed people and when the cops showed up with their own guns he threw his hands up and and showed just how big of a pussy he was. I think if someone returned fire at the little bastard he probably would have pussied out just as quick or maybe took a head shot. I know I would have tried. Just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I would have unloaded a whole mag of 230gr .45 into his ass.

I was just writing what dale wrote.

The kid was a nerd pussy who would have ran at the sight of a gun I bet. I also would have liked to take a pop at him, coward pussy.

For the record....there was a CCW on site. He reported to news that it was not possible to get a clear shot.

With that said if 200 people in the theater all had CCW it might have been different.

And with that said....based on where it happened....200 people in the theater might have had guns....but they were all criminals and stomping over women and children to get out of the line of fire.

And with that said after what I said after going on the record.....the first cop on sight who saw him all in black leaning against the car hands up surrendering should have shouted into his radio "he still has a gun" and laid him out flat.

All for the gun laws....but if a second person started firing in the setting there, a third with a gun may have thought there were two "bad guys" and fired on the wrong person.....and yes, the first officer should have .....

In a situation where your life is at risk, don't stop shooting until you run out of bullets or the perp's head has been removed.

We used to practice fast chaotic drills...a lot. LEO's have rules they have to follow, I don't.

No, I'm not militia.

"silverblueBP" said:
In a situation where your life is at risk, don't stop shooting until you run out of bullets or the perp's head has been removed.

We used to practice fast chaotic drills...a lot. LEO's have rules they have to follow, I don't.

No, I'm not militia.

Yes, but you also have an obligation not to harm anyone innocently in the line of fire.

I could see mark acting all gangster vigilante like the wayans brothers in dont me a menace to south central while drinking a juice in the hood.

don-t-be-a-menace.jpg

Its not just about unloading lead in a situation like that.

It's all about placement.

Gangsta "shooting" is worthless and anyone that shoots knows it.

Back