• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Your favorite non-Ford powered muscle cars

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
I have two: 68/69 Dodge Charger, and 69/70 Challenger. I have to give credit where credit is due to the Dodge/Chrysler styling team: their cars of the muscle car era are all classics for design and beauty.

Re: You favorite non-Ford powered muscle cars

I've always liked the late 60's early 70's Nova and Olds 442. Kinda dig the skylark gsx too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I would lean toward 69 charger, my cousin had a zl1 that was pretty sweet also--the orange color. The fastest muscle car from the time I ever drove was my buddy's 69 vet with bored .60 thousandth 427, 4 spd 4:56 gears--awesome!

69 vert Vette!

last year chrome bumper and chrome egg crate behind the front tire.

this is followed very close by the 69 Superbee and Road Runner. And they are followed very close by the 70 El Camino!

Mel

"Flysure1" said:
I would lean toward 69 charger, my cousin had a zl1 that was pretty sweet also--the orange color. The fastest muscle car from the time I ever drove was my buddy's 69 vet with bored .60 thousandth 427, 4 spd 4:56 gears--awesome!

Mine favorite would be that 69 Stingray with the 427 & 4 speed. It is on my bucket list of cars to own!

Whichever one I'm looking at when you ask me. A partial list..
Love the early Stingrays
'68 Chevelle SS396 (my first car)
'69 GTO (my brother bought one new in '69)
'70 442 (brother-in law had one)
The guy down the street has a '69 Road Runner fixed up old school. Cragars, jacked up in the rear, stacks coming out the hood... when I saw him drive by, I said that's the prettiest car I have ever seen.

"kb3" said:
"Flysure1" said:

Mine favorite would be that 69 Stingray with the 427 & 4 speed. It is on my bucket list of cars to own!
This was a stingray. This was unreal to drive, it hooked up like magic and it screamed, with the 4:56 you almost couldn't keep up with the engine winding up to shift---he was drunk one night and drove it straight into a tree as he was shifting into third---what is left is still in a barn about 10 miles from where I live, been there 30 plus years. This guy had some cool cars--68 firebird 400 4 spd, 69 charger, 69 gto, 67 gto both 400 4 spds, 41 Studebaker, 73 vet, 70 mach 1 --68 302 Camaro 4 speed, 60 2 door belair?. These are just the ones I remember off of the top of my head, his younger has a 79? Camaro big block car he built for 1/8th mile--has tens of thousands in it--high 5 second 1/8th mile car--it is street legal.--never let me drive it but I rode in it, it would eat the vet but not comparable cars.

1969 AMC AMX. Serial # on the dash. I grew up learnining to drive a stick with a friend of my Dad's who had one of these.

The car had a 390 in it and headers. Cream your pants good.

Second is my Mustang.....

Late 60 cars , love them all from an european point of view.
Around here , there was nothing to see on the belgian roads.

The best looking car ever built. The Plymouth Superbird.

Sent via paper airplane.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392669710.887006.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392669710.887006.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 41
Back