• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Your Idea

A

Anonymous

I am in the process of routing the turbo plumbing on the 65. I would love to turn the exhaust out the side but its gonna be close to the spring bushing. It will have an inch or more of air between the two. I don't see any problem with this but would like a few other opinions. I can heat shield with a piece of stainless if needed in the spring area.
Mikes063.jpg

Mikes056.jpg

Mikes064.jpg

Mikes059.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With an inch of clearance, I don't see a problem either. Another option would be turndowns out of the turbos. Good luck with that killer build!

Mike,

I doubt there will be any heat transfer from the side exit pipe to the forward leaf spring bushing.... they'd have to be almost touching for that bushing to absorb any heat from the pipe.

On my '66 the passenger side exit pipe comes very close the the EFI fuel supply/return lines. I was initially concerned. After running the motor hard, I felt the fuel lines where they were close to the exhaust pipe and they were stone cold with less than 1/2 inch clearance between the two systems. You'll be fine.

Back