• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Yuk gas tank

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
This is why I'm not keeping the boss's gas tank or hard fuel line

It only had a tad over 1 gallon of varnish smelling gas. Nice color, huh?
4-010511090126-8033650.jpeg

Though this look real nasty, what you see is a coating job from a previous boil out and tank cleaning. Though coated I still saw enough rough areas internally and due to the amount of deep rust on the outside, the tank is being replaced. I then squirted some fresh gas in the hard line and with the shop compressor, blasted it through and into a bottle. Way too much rust and crud came out that it also is being replaced. The 69/70 fuel lines are very easy to install. It's what Shag is using.
4-010511090128-80361323.jpeg

So until the new tank and fuel line arrives......
4-010511090131-8037447.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
"66gt350" said:
Why replace the gas tank?? just bungee cord the gas can to your grill and call it good.

LOL!

When I bought my Stang I had to replace the gas tank.

Previous owner had knocked a hole in it probably in a rusty spot but instead of replacing the tank he put a big sheet metal screw through a piece of leather then screwed it into the hole in the tank. Something about the potential of gas spilling / leaking out onto hot exhaust did not appeal to me so I replaced the tank.

Back