• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'03 GT part question

Help!

I was foolish enough to leave the '03 GT parked in the driveway for two weeks without starting it. A rat made a cozy nest on the intake manifold and chewed through a rubber hose on top of the engine. I need to get a replacement, but I don't know what it is called. It is only a few inches long with a 90 degree bend in the middle and connects to what I think is throttle body (I do not know my way around this engine.) IN the pictures below I have covered the hose in duct tape to keep water out as I was hosing out the engine. Can someone let me know what to ask for from NAPA?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0240.jpg
    953.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0241.jpg
    927.8 KB · Views: 24
That's the PCV to intake plenum hose.... Should be the same for all 2001-2004 4.6 2Vs.

SHOULD be a Motorcraft KCV135 (Ford #3R3Z6A664BA) which is a "Emission Valve to Intake Manifold Hose"... They also show a Motorcraft KCV136 (Ford#3M8Z6853AA) as simply a "Connecting Hose".

Probably one of those parts that you just pull off, carry in, and match to a universal PCV hose.

"BobV" said:
That's the PCV to intake plenum hose.... Should be the same for all 2001-2004 4.6 2Vs.

SHOULD be a Motorcraft KCV135 (Ford #3R3Z6A664BA) which is a "Emission Valve to Intake Manifold Hose"... They also show a Motorcraft KCV136 (Ford#3M8Z6853AA) as simply a "Connecting Hose".

Probably one of those parts that you just pull off, carry in, and match to a universal PCV hose.

Thanks, Bob! I tried the local Pep Boys last night, but they did carry that hose and none of their "universal" stock would work. It happens to be the same diameter as the heater hose for my '68, so used that to make a temporary fix. I called NAPA with the part numbers you supplied, but they cannot get that hose. The Ford dealer says that they sell the assembly from the PCV valve including the elbow. $38 - what a deal!

Back