• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

05 GT

RyanG85

My father picked up this 05 GT for their used car lot. It has 132,000 miles on it. They used my shop to put a new clutch in it and while bleeding the hydraulics, the pin broke off the clutch pedal and also broke the push rod on the master cylinder. Its been sitting in the shop waiting for their mechanic for almost 3 weeks, I finally told him to get me the part and I fixed it. Had to pull the pedal support, weld the pin back on and replace the M/C. Took the family out in it last night. My first time really driving a late model mustang. Its a fun car but I was a little cramped in the drivers seat. I would love to get one for a daily driver but much prefer to drive the classics. The 4.6 ran ok but I think the 351 in the 69 pulls a bit harder.

Cool. :thu

I have been thinking of getting an 05 or newer vert.
I drove a few, but didn't like any of them that much.

You are comparing a 281 to a 351 and the 351 is in a Mustang that weighs 200+ pounds less? I really like my 07GT for the ride, comfort and handling. My 07 is fast, fast enough for 2 speeding tickets. :nut

fd

It gets up and goes pretty well. Lining them up might be interesting but seat of the pants, the 69 just feels better.

I thought the 05's were 305 fwhp. Am I wrong about that? My son has a 69 351W which is mildly built and has a 2400 stall converter and a 3.73 TracLoc 9", and my 137K mile '00 Z28 will suck it's doors off in a heads up drag race. The Z is rated at 305 fwhp and turns in the low 13's. Anyone driven one of those 300 hp. V-6 Mustangs yet? I drove one of the Chevy 300 hp. sixes back when they first came out and wasn't impressed with it. No real low end grunt.

"RagTop" said:
Anyone driven one of those 300 hp. V-6 Mustangs yet? I drove one of the Chevy 300 hp. sixes back when they first came out and wasn't impressed with it. No real low end grunt.
I drove a '14 V6 with a 6-speed and damn near bought it. Get it into its power band and it moves very well. Can't comment on an auto because, well...why would you by one of those? Or a Chevy for that matter? :roll

Back