• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

140 MPH speedo

tarafied1

Thanks again janschutz (John) for the awesome white elephant gift. I finally put it in!!!
index.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400702453.558883.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400702453.558883.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 132
My problem is how the heck are you going to get even near 140mph, with a gas gauge reading so low.

"cmayna" said:
My problem is how the heck are you going to get even near 140mph, with a gas gauge reading so low.
I have just enough to get to 149, then I coast...

"JRANGER" said:
those looks awesome! What gauges are those?
the gauges are original Ford parts. I put a tachometer in from a 67 Cougar and it didn't match the Mustang faces. I bought a white face overlay kit on eBay and changed them all. Then the clock was replaced with a 68 Mustang oil pressure gauge (the 67 and 68 flip flopped the oil pressure and fuel gauges for some reason). I did that because I gave the two gauges where the Tach went, one being the oil pressure gauge. Then John gave me the 140 mph speedo to replace my 120, he had the "Tachman" convert it.
index.php

Attachments

• gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 70
Here are some pictures from the process of me putting in a factory tach. I bought a 67 Cougar tach cluster on ebay for $45. The Cougar cluster depth was different than the Stang. I had to make the "cup" deeper. As I mentioned, I also put a 68 oil pressure gauge in the where the clock was. The 67 had the oil pressure in the large cluster and in 68 they switched it with the fuel gauge. Since I gave up the oil pressure gauge for the tach I thought it would be good to add the 68 gauge. I don't have an amp gauge yet.
mvc045szt8.jpg

mvc043sbh1.jpg

mvc046sga3.jpg

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

mvc069stj7.jpg

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

I also changed the bulb covers from blue/green to red/orange