• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1966 Convertible 351W AOD Heidt's 3.40 Trac Lok Project

"janschutz" said:
Curtis does nice work!

Thanks John!

When we told him we wanted to drive on Power Tour he said no problem. So far we are extremely pleased. Should drive home Friday if the misc back ordered items show up.

Oops!

So we drove down to pick up the car Friday. We almost picked it up, but there was one glaring little problem. The Rousch Hood Scoop is on:

B A C K W A R D S !

:wtf

Since the hood scoop had cast in bolts, the holes have to be filled and painted and new ones drilled.......so we are picking up car this week. It was going great........................

Attachments

• 66 in shop 05-04-12 oops.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 46
How in the heck......were those guys working on it chevy owners?????

Hope the filling of the holes goes good. Seen so many hoods that had issues a couple of years down the road.

That scoop looks good backwards from that angle. I am interested in how it looks the right way.

This is one great looking car.

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
That scoop looks good backwards from that angle. I am interested in how it looks the right way.

This is one great looking car.

Mel

Thanks Mel !

BTW, its made for 2005-2009 Mustangs. A bit bigger than the original 65/66 Shelby Scoop which I preferred, but wanted one that was made to bolt on.

Here ya go:

Attachments

• Rousch Hood Scoop 05-08 Mustang.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 22
Beautiful! the local car dealer had the identical car, I was probably 9, and almost shed a tear when he told us he sold it for 25K. Great job!

Drove it home today. Much quieter with sound deadner and carpet. A/C nice and cold. Got a few thumbs up!

Attachments

• May 10 2012 home.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 121
  • May 10 2012 home 2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 118
My wife Carla, drove the entire HRPT in her "hastily" restored convertible. She loved it and it was great fun. Still cleaning up the 3,500 miles of yuck!

"janschutz" said:
Curtis does nice work!

Where is Curtis at? Trying to get a feel what my son's '66 would cost to get painted. The PO didn't put a good paint job on it and the clear coat is peeling..

Back