• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Mustang convertible

Why did you have them mounted with the exhaust cut-out exiting inward like that? Seems backward, no?

Sorry dude , but that ... I don't like hot exhaust gasses throwing to the gearbox/transmission :rant :rant :rant

Sorry again !

Now that I compare my install to 68vert's, his don't seem as tight against the tranny as mine. But to be realistic, It not like Iam going to drive around town with these open, or race this car at the track. I'll flip the cutouts open when I pull into cruiser night, or at a red light every-now and then. For those short times I do that, I don't see any issues with where I place them. I can always change it, or add a small pipe after the electric cut out.

Verts:
exhaust.jpg

Mine:
muffler7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gonna try to get to Austin sometime to see and hear this car. With these cutouts I am pretty sure I will be able to hear it from Dallas on a windy day. Looks cool and will likely sound cooler.

We could meet in Giddings, it about half way between us. :steer

"ko67" said:
I was gonna try to get to Austin sometime to see and hear this car. With these cutouts I am pretty sure I will be able to hear it from Dallas on a windy day. Looks cool and will likely sound cooler.

I think that would be tough, due to Dallas, Austin, Houston, being in different direction. They almost make a triangle.

Waco? . It is halfway from Austin to Dallas (100 miles from each) and about 180 from Houston . It is also my hometown.

Rolled the fender on Saturday, and had the suspension work finished.

rolling2.jpg

rolling1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back