• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1968 Restomod coupe

68RestoMod

I have decided it is time to start a build log for my 1968 Restomod Coupe. Below are pictures of how the car looked when I bought it from my Dad. It had sat for a few years without being touched, but now it is in my garage ready for a loving touch or a BFH, depending on how difficult it wants to be. I will not be posting updates at the breakneck pace of some members since I only get one or two evenings a week to work on it. I hope this will help motivate me to make more progress. Thanks for looking.

DSCF2627.jpg

DSCF2630.jpg

DSCF2632.jpg

DSCF2641.jpg

DSCF2645.jpg

DSCF2642.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to be using 1968 convertible Shelby fiberglass, except side scoops those will be the Mustangs to Fear scoops (love the lines much better on those) to do a Black Hornet type build. No vinyl top though. Most of the chrome will be going either flat black or body color depending on which piece. It will be dark blue with super snake white stripes and black and blue interior. Lots of custom work going to happen on the interior, Custom console, double DIN touchscreen stereo\nav unit, Autometer Cobalt guages, custom door panels, and late model seats. Lot's of work to do.

sounds cool! This month's Modified Mustangs has a "Yellow Jacket" restomod 68 coupe like the Green Hornet (only yellow), you might check it out. It's sweet.

Back