• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1969 Mustang Coupe

Rob Z

Asking $12,000 but will listen to all offers

I built this for our oldest, but he has decided he want a new Mustang. So I told him I would sell thisone and he could use the $$ for a down payment.

The good list is LONG so I'll start with what I know is not 100%.

Paint. I had a friend of a friend do a qouck paint on it a few months back. The car looks good, but I would NEVER use this guy again. There is overspray on the weatherstriping and tires. The underside of hood, inside trunk, front valance, and inside door jams were not done. The paint has pealed on the passenger door and lower jam. He was to strip the car, prim and paint. Well he did not. So the paint is OK

Weatherstrop - I have a complete new set that is in the box. The doors weatherstrip needs installed. The rest was for replacing the overspray.

I replaced the drivers door and when I realigned the door I did not get the front fender alligned peoperly. I may get to this, but listing as a need.

Rims. The crager SS are from the 70s. The have some rust. They are straight and have new tires on them, but not perfect. I have the original rims and spoke hubcaps and can put them on if buyer perfers. The also have new tires (1000 miles)

Some light surface rust on rear quarter. The painter was to clean it befor paint. Well the A$$ didnot. not through just light surface. There are some other light surface areas on panle corners. I have not touched them as it would need painting.

The front fender needs some aditional straighting if you really want to show the car. You can not see the waves unless you look for them, but they are there.

Lastly the passenger reat 1/4 window has come unglued. It is still inplace but slightly loose. I have a replacement ligned up and will have it with the car soon. May or May not get it installed.

OK, Now for the good - This is a daily driver. I drive it everyday. It is a 302 4v(original 2v) with a C4, AC, PS. Getting 17+mpg at 70mph. It drives and stops very straight and easy. Shifts perfect and will chirp them into 2nd. The odometer reads 34,000.

The following list is what I've worked on.

Classic Air Indash AC
Front disc from SSBC - non-power
New break lines on entire car
Adjustable porporting valve
Holley 600 w.elect choke vacume secondaries
Summit Dual plane Intake
Pertronix II conversion
Patriot Headers
Duals w/crossover and glass-packs
3 row radiator
Water pump
Alt
Plugs and 8mm wires
Battery
Timming chain set.
Just replaced rear main seal and all engine gaskets in process.
P/S control valve, lines and piston
Stearing box
belts and hoses
Breaks
Rear Springs
KYB shocks
Tires less then 1,000 miles
C4 was rebuilt using upgraded components and shiftkit
New dual mirrors
Sequential rear LED lights
Dashpad
Reulpostered seats
headliner
AM/FM/CD/Ipod stereo
And so many small things that I have forgotten about.

Again this is built as a daily driver, but it has taken 2nd in the last 2 shows I've put it in. (befor I screwed the fender alignment :(

I'm at work and can not post pics. Here is a link to some http://www.flickr.com/photos/thestarfinder/sets/72157624984577650/
If you want other pics, of specific areas, just let me know.

Back