• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1973 Mach 1 Handling.

I don't know where I should post this exactly because it has to do with two different components, I want to know what I could do to my 1973 4V 351 Cleveland to get enough horsepower and torque to be sure that I can probably beat almost any car in my town or in a few counties in a race. But I also want to still have a smooth, great handling vehicle. So this is where it gets tricky on where to post it.

1:What can I do to my engine to have enough horsepower and torque to where I can be confident that I can most likely beat any car in my town or the next few counties? Example: Headers, Heads, Ignition, Exhaust etc.

2: What can I do to be sure that my car will still be a comfortable ride?

I'd suggest buying a new car. New cars can easily out perform these old rigs.

"KBMWRS" said:

Better than buying.... rent a car instead.

If you rent a car every other Saturday..... 26 x $50 = $1300 a year.

It's proven fact that a rental car is the fastest car on the street.... ANY rental car.

+ you dont have to do any maintenance on a rental, no matter how long you keep it

"KBMWRS" said:

I don't want a knew car though. I want my cars lol. There's nothing to amazing in my town of 2500 people and I doubt theres much of anything to worry bout in the next few small towns. That is all I want to be able to handle.

Give MME a call. They took my 351C and stroked it to 408. It dyno'd at 532 HP and 516 TQ at the flywheel.

Mike

Back