• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1973 Mach 1 Mustang

When I was in High School they still offered Drivers training as a class. Taught by various coaches. Our fleet was '73 Fords. 2 Gran Torinos, LTD and a Mustang. My luck of the draw was the LTD. The only modification to the cars was a brake on the passenger side.

lucky boy. when i was in high school, for behind the wheel training we used a 75 monte carlo, later in the year though they changed over to a 76 chrysler cordoba. i did like the monte though.

When I was in High School they still offered Drivers training as a class. Taught by various coaches. Our fleet was '73 Fords. 2 Gran Torinos, LTD and a Mustang. My luck of the draw was the LTD. The only modification to the cars was a brake on the passenger side.
We had AMC Ambassador n Chevy Caprices

Geez, I remember taking driving lessons in a 2 horse chariot; to pass, I had to throw a javelin and hit a target at 50 yards while moving.

Midlife, your not as old as i thought, as i found your driving school photo
desktop-1412871063.jpg

Sounds like my experience almost to a T. I don't remember the car, it wasn't a Ford.

I had "driver's education" in high school. Our car was an orange Olds Omega (Citation based not Nova).
looked like this one
Olds-Omega-X.jpg

We had driver's ed in high school. Me teacher's name was Mr Weiner. No joke, that was his name!

I actually took private lessons, but sat in on the school course too. I believe our car was a Chevy citation.

since this post has completely gone off the rails, I might as well join in. Our driver's training course consisted of early 80's mid size cars, Granadas, K cars etc. They stuffed them full of cluelesshigh school kids and let one of them drive. I first knew we were in trouble when one girl was so scared of the center line on the road she drove in the gutter the entire time, only leaving it to barely pass parked cars. I began praying when the second girl got behind the wheel and tried to set the parking brake with her hand! Who thought putting us all in one car was a good idea?

Back