• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1973 Manual Clutch Linkage.

Your clutch linkage is made up of pretty straight-forward/simple pieces. While it's possible that you have a bad/worn part somewhere in the assembly, it's more likely that something outside of the linkage itself is causing your linkage to bind.

I've noticed a trend with your posts.... you're quick to assume that you have a broken part that needs to be replaced. You WILL have to throw money at these old cars, but unless you've got a really large pot of money to play with.... slow down enough to determine EXACTLY what is wrong.

Dave,
Well put comment which I feel pertains to a lot of people not just southern_boy.

Southern_boy, what part in particular do you think you need to replace?

Well, after I looked at my linkage, under the hood and under the car, I saw that I had my whole linkage, and it is also completely attached. The retracting spring is there, but I don't know if maybe its just worn out because it's been pushed down for so long? Maybe my return assistant spring is missing, which I still can't find. I'm hoping nothings broken.

Back