• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2 primo pairs of CA black plates going on eBay soon

crustycurmudgeon

I have two NOS unused pairs of CA black plates available at a discount for Stangfix members. They're consecutively numbered, DMV clear and begin with DWM. Would be a perfect fit for a divorced white male. :lol

One pair is perfect and undamaged, the other has some minor scratches on one plate. $275 for the better pair with choice of year sticker, $250 for the pair with scratches.

Christmas is coming up...

I'll be eBaying them soon.

index.php

index.php

Frank

Wow! Are you listing them together or separate? I would think somebody with a couple early cars would love to have them consecutively numbered. Where did you get them?

I got 'em on eBay. I was watching the auction (both pairs listed together) just to see what they went for. The auction was nearly over with no bids, so I tossed out a bid and won. I never even intended to bid, I had no interest in them, but I had to snag them for that price. It was a tense half hour on hold with the DMV to check if they were clear after I won the auction. :beg

Unfortunately, they didn't come with the envelopes but they did come with the original paper divider sheets.

Frank

forgive my stupid question, but not being from Cali I don't understand the significance of a black plate. Why are they special?

Sorry, I thought it was common knowledge by now. As of July of last year, owners of cars '69 and older in CA can use vintage plates of the correct year on their classic car, if the car doesn't already have the vintage plates. So pairs of plates and vintage renewal stickers are highly sought after by people wanting to register them to their classics.

Of course, this program degrades the cachet of an "original black plate car", since now anyone can get black plates for their midwest rust bucket now residing in CA.

Frank

If I didn't already have bought a pair from ya, I'd be jumping on it. I think that it would be cool to have consecutive plates on mine and the wife's cars.

Back