• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2011 HOT ROD Power Tour Dates & Cities **(added pix and vids)**

tarafied1

Saturday June 4, Cocoa Beach, FL Port Canaveral

Sunday June 5, Valdosta, GA South Georgia Motorsports Park

Monday June 6, Montgomery, AL Montgomery Motorsports Park

Tuesday June 7, Nashville, TN LP Field

Wednesday June 8, Indianapolis, IN Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Thursday June 9, Muskegon, MI Downtown Muskegon

Friday June 10, Detroit, MI Metro Beach Metropark

Saturday June 11, Detroit, MI Long Haulers Ceremony (Location TBD)

Re: 2011 HOT ROD Power Tour Dates & Cities

I am registered as a Long Hauler again!
Pete,
How far are you from Port Canaveral?

About 326 miles.....only across the state, around the corner and half way down the pan handle.

About 185 miles from Valdosta Ga.

:pep :pbj :) :vic :10

My wife just finished booking all the hotels! We are all set!!!
"turq66" said:

:pep :pbj :) :vic :10
We'll spend the night at home that evening. I'm pumped up!

Glad to see it comes by me again, hopefully I'll be done by then and maybe make Sat.- Tues. at min.
Jon

Maybe I can talk the wife into driving down to Indy and catch up there. Not sure I would make it all the way to Florida.
The first year I had my car they started in Green bay and I wish I would have been able to go.
No way the car would have been ready that year.

I better get that 5.0 in quick. :ecit

Even if you don't do the whole thing, I think you'd enjoy it. The car show venues are huge but the best part (IMO) is driving down back roads with hundreds/thousands of other really cool Hot Rods! It just creates a really neat setting and people watching you go by are overwhelmed. I can't put it into words!

alright, I'm leaving Thursday for Florida. We will spend the night in Macon GA and finish the ride to Cocoa Beach on Friday. I am so excited. It was so much fun last year!!! I hope to see a few of you in Nashville and maybe a few more in Indy.
After this years tour I will have driven my car in Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, and of course Kentucky. Actually I have already driven it in all of those states except Michigan so that's the only new state this year. If all goes well I am thinking of going to the Car Craft Street Machine Nationals in Minnesota this July so that will add Wisconsin and Minnesota too!

Wow, who thought someone who travels so much would want to travel so much!?
Hope i can find you at the Nashville stop, any idea what time ya'll will arrive at the stadium and what route you'll be taking up from AL through my area?
Jon

driving crappy rental cars and flying in cramped puddle jumpers is much different than cruising with 4,000 gear heads! But yeah, it is a little weird isn't it.
It's hard to predict the times. We typically arrived later in the day, around 4 or 5 pm last year. We like to sit and watch all the cars leave so we also were one of the last to leave at night. The route is attached.

Attachments

• HRPT+2011+Driving+Directions+v052011.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
Re: Re: 2011 HOT ROD Power Tour Dates & Cities

"tarafied1" said:
alright, I'm leaving Thursday for Florida. We will spend the night in Macon GA and finish the ride to Cocoa Beach on Friday. I am so excited. It was so much fun last year!!! I hope to see a few of you in Nashville and maybe a few more in Indy.
After this years tour I will have driven my car in Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, and of course Kentucky. Actually I have already driven it in all of those states except Michigan so that's the only new state this year. If all goes well I am thinking of going to the Car Craft Street Machine Nationals in Minnesota this July so that will add Wisconsin and Minnesota too!

Have fun Craig. I am so mad I couldn't get my car ready in time to ride with you. I have your cell so I will let you know if we come down to indy on wed.

When is the car craft nationals? Maybe I can make that. My brother lives in Minnesota so I could use it as an excuse to visit him.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

"tarafied1" said:
driving crappy rental cars and flying in cramped puddle jumpers is much different than cruising with 4,000 gear heads! But yeah, it is a little weird isn't it.
It's hard to predict the times. We typically arrived later in the day, around 4 or 5 pm last year. We like to sit and watch all the cars leave so we also were one of the last to leave at night. The route is attached.

Thanks for the route, looks like ya'll are coming up the west side of I-65 interstate through Franklin. Lots of nice scenery and big homes the closer to Franklin you get, lot a country stars have homes there. I'm the same way with travel, even though I traveled 60% of the time for the previous 5yrs. I still liked getting out and driving...see you at LP field.
Jon

Re: Re: 2011 HOT ROD Power Tour Dates & Cities

"RapidRabbit" said:
Have fun Craig. I am so mad I couldn't get my car ready in time to ride with you. I have your cell so I will let you know if we come down to indy on wed.

When is the car craft nationals? Maybe I can make that. My brother lives in Minnesota so I could use it as an excuse to visit him.

yeah that's a bummer but maybe next year? the Car Craft Summer Nat's are July 22-24 at the State fairgrounds in ST Paul. I'm hoping to make that show too.

Jon, I am pumped! we have a lot more freeway driving this year but I'm still excited!!!

Well I can't make that weekend. It's the beginning of EAA. Huge airshow right across the hwy from my store.That is my busiest week of the year.

Let me know if you come up through Wisconsin though . maybe we can meet up in between so I can see that awesome car of yours.

Maybe next year if they start the tour in detroit I can do the whole tour.

okay, will do.
Rumor has it that the 2012 tour will go to Texas. They usually start at or near where they left off the previous year. Last year ended in Mobile and Starts in FL this year so it's hard to say where it will start for sure.

If it starts up near me somewhere and goes to Texas even my wife would like that one. But by next year we may not even be living in this god awful state if all goes well.

Back