• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 NFL Free Agency Has Begun!

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
I know many here could care less about the NFL but I can't help it. I am pumped right now. The Bears just stole Brandon Marshall from the Fins. Two third round picks is all it cost. Unbelievable. Next up...Super Mario!

NFC North is going to be just plain awesome this season. GO BEARS!!! :peter

Let me know in what century they decide to get a quarterback. :bomb

Go BEARS!!! :shrug

Did you fall and hit your head? Da Bears? I don't think so.

"KBMWRS" said:
Let me know in what century they decide to get a quarterback. :bomb

Go BEARS!!! :shrug
Being on the coast you must not get to see many Bears games. We've had a top caliber QB for sometime now. Cutler is the real deal. Now that he has an actual number 1 receiver, watch what happens.
People tend to forget the Bears have been in two NFC championship games and a Superbowl in the last 5 years. They were on a good course to reach such heights again last year when Cutler went down. The way the team is being constructed this off-season this years Bears may be the best we've had in a LONG time. Good thing too as the NFC North may just be the toughest division of all.

"70 StangMan" said:
Don't forget to load up your fantasy team with DA BEARS. :yah
You mean with guys like Forte, Cutler, Marshall and Gould? Plan on it.

"70 StangMan" said:
Good...that means I get Rodgers this year.
Doubt it. I see a tenth place draft position for you this season. The game has changed and I expect more QBs going with first picks.

While we are talking about FF, we should consider adding a bit more to the mix this season. Maybe going PPR? With pretty much the same core group I think we're ready for that next step. Adds a whole lot more to the game.

Cutler just doesn't have 'it'. He can do good but he just not the right one.

And the Bears MAJOR problem is Smith. Get rid of him and that team will actually do something.

"KBMWRS" said:
Cutler just doesn't have 'it'. He can do good but he just not the right one.

And the Bears MAJOR problem is Smith. Get rid of him and that team will actually do something.
Wait until after this season to cast your final ballot on Cutler. This will be the first year he has a complete offense (at least it looks like he will). Still need to patch up the O line with at least one more decent guy.

As far as Lovie goes, I am also not a huge fan but he has had success. If you look at his record through last season before Jay went down he is right at a .600 winning percentage. That includes two NFC champ games and a Superbowl. For comparison, Ditka (not including his tenure in N.O.) was a .630 with a matching playoff record...but he did win the BIG ONE. He also had Buddy Ryan and a ridiculously stacked team for a few years.
Looking at it as a whole, Lovie has done very well. By the end of this season his winning percentage will be even closer to Iron Mike's.

It's OK to be a Bears fan again. All the optimism is based in fact. Now if you're a Cubs fan...

Bears fan, Cubs fan, I got it all wrong. :nut
I'll start with the fact I don't like Cutler. He's never won big at any level. He's still not ranked in the top 10 anywhere. That being said he was playing fantastic last year. Having Marshall is a huge boost to him and the team. Everyone bashes the O-line and in some regards rightfully so. But it's been bad for a long time and that tells me it's Cutler, the coaches and the management. A lot of teams can piecemeal a line and we can't? Something else is going on.
Lovie is a solid coach. That's it. Not good, can't make necessary adjustments and never really impressed me with his knowledge. 8 seasons and 4 are over .500. Don't forget we've been in a division that has been seen as weak too.

I'm just happy Martz and Angelo are gone.

"sgtjunior" said:
Bears fan, Cubs fan, I got it all wrong. :nut
I'll start with the fact I don't like Cutler. He's never won big at any level. He's still not ranked in the top 10 anywhere. That being said he was playing fantastic last year. Having Marshall is a huge boost to him and the team. Everyone bashes the O-line and in some regards rightfully so. But it's been bad for a long time and that tells me it's Cutler, the coaches and the management. A lot of teams can piecemeal a line and we can't? Something else is going on.
Lovie is a solid coach. That's it. Not good, can't make necessary adjustments and never really impressed me with his knowledge. 8 seasons and 4 are over .500. Don't forget we've been in a division that has been seen as weak too.

I'm just happy Martz and Angelo are gone.
Again, not a Lovie fan but the players like him and they do seem to play hard for him. As far as the O line, if you watched any games the last couple of years you saw two things. Jay running for his life and lots of sacks (interceptions). Couple of main causes for this. First, Martz refusing to use a 3 or even 5 step drop. Second, when your line had as many bad players as his, expecting to be able to drop 7 steps and then find a receiver was insane. Frank Omiyale , for example, couldn't make my son's high school team. Webb? Practically just as bad. Carimi was out all season. That's why our line sucked. Yes, we should have had better players and that's why we finally jettisoned Angelo.
Jay will be rated as one of the best in the league this year. He will actually have receivers over 5'8" to pass the ball to. He'll have two now who is actually NFL caliber. ONe recognized by all as elite even! Look at the team as an outsider and not a fan and you will see that on paper we have a dominant defense filled with pro-bowl caliber players. We have one of the top 5 kickers in the league in Gould. We still have a top 3 special teams unit.
Don't let that Cub fan side of you permeate into your Bear vision. This team is for real. When someone says this is the year about the Bear it is not like that apologetic prayer of a Cub fan. Faith brother!

"Horseplay" said:
Again, not a Lovie fan but the players like him and they do seem to play hard for him. As far as the O line, if you watched any games the last couple of years you saw two things. Jay running for his life and lots of sacks (interceptions). Couple of main causes for this. First, Martz refusing to use a 3 or even 5 step drop. Second, when your line had as many bad players as his, expecting to be able to drop 7 steps and then find a receiver was insane. Frank Omiyale , for example, couldn't make my son's high school team. Webb? Practically just as bad. Carimi was out all season. That's why our line sucked. Yes, we should have had better players and that's why we finally jettisoned Angelo.
Jay will be rated as one of the best in the league this year. He will actually have receivers over 5'8" to pass the ball to. He'll have two now who is actually NFL caliber. ONe recognized by all as elite even! Look at the team as an outsider and not a fan and you will see that on paper we have a dominant defense filled with pro-bowl caliber players. We have one of the top 5 kickers in the league in Gould. We still have a top 3 special teams unit.
Don't let that Cub fan side of you permeate into your Bear vision. This team is for real. When someone says this is the year about the Bear it is not like that apologetic prayer of a Cub fan. Faith brother!
Well as a life long Ram's fan all I have to say is this year we've got...... :confu and then there's ...... :confu Ah Hell !! ..we aint got sh*t !!! Again

"70 StangMan" said:
Well as a life long Ram's fan all I have to say is this year we've got...... :confu and then there's ...... :confu Ah Hell !! ..we aint got sh*t !!! Again
Hey, you guys just picked up that feisty little black Irishman, Cortland Finnegan!

"Horseplay" said:
You need to concentrate on getting your registration done right so you can actually participate this year, Abe!

I was really bummed out that it didn't work out for me.

Back