• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2014 Hot Rod Power Tour

So we made it to Concord Friday afternoon with no problems, registered and started to enjoy all the very nice, different, unusual and and just plan cool cars. Today was our day at ZMax DW to pickup all of the free swag, watch some drag racing and see how much I'll have to save for my next project, whatever that my be. Met up with Jerry & Carla Coleman and later enjoyed a great seafood dinner. Craig did make it here but after we left Zmax so we did met up, just happy he made it here safe and sound. We'll hook up tomorrow.
Here's some pics.
dyzapaqy.jpg

demugybu.jpg

3e8yzeta.jpg

ty5y7eve.jpg

ynypyzaz.jpg

a3ubu6u5.jpg

u6uva2e8.jpg

We'll be heading to Knoxville tomorrow, should be a nice drive.

More to come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooked up with Larry for the drive today

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402247024.170085.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402247024.170085.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 21
Wow, I thought about texting you last week Craig, but figured you were busy. Hate to hear that about the 67.

Bill

Craig, Larry and coleman. I will be parked in the area where you will be coming into Norwalk. Summit said that I can register with the Power Tour for the day and enjoy the festivities while I wait for you guys to arrive. It will rain in the afternoon but I will still bring the stang. See ya Tuesday.

Hey dm289 and braven, you guys going to make it. I will be there about noon when the gates open.

except for today, I have been rolling in about 5ish each day. Today we got in a little earlier but tomorrow is long route. We will be looking for ya once we get in and punch are cards at the time clock (at main stage)

I had a good time at the Norwalk stop for the HRPT today. Got to meet and talk to Larry and Craig for awhile while we were watching the fun runs down the dragstrip. Larry and Craig, I enjoyed the time we got to talk. I seen colemans car when I was walking back to my stang but didn't get to see him. I will post a couple of pics at a later date.

Hey Jim (bravenrace and dm289), were you guys there? I think I got a couple pics of Jim's car on the track if that was him.

Paul,
Really enjoyed meeting you and thanks for sticking around and waiting for us to get in. I enjoyed talking with you and wish we had more time. Maybe have to come out for some drag racing in Norwalk!

Her guys. How you having fun out there.

I had change of plans. My wife has a meeting at work tonight now and had to cancel or hotel reservations. We are still planning to drive down tomorrow though. It is only an hour and a half from our house. Our little one is now staying with grandma tomorrow so it will be easier to do stuff.

Craig I had your cell number if it's still current and I think I gave you mine at some point. If you all want to meet for pizza or drinks or something let me know.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

We made it in my wife's 99GT. Even had a chance tonight to stop in in the Chicago area and see my son and granddaughter. Took her swimming at the hotel!
power-tour-2014-long-haulers-long-haul-gang-bus-381.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403062196.996165.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403062196.996165.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 14
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403062245.908565.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403062245.908565.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 15
That nice you made it and even got to see the granddaughter. I am sure Tara enjoyed the AC the whole way.

When are you going to see what happened to the transmission?

Yes Tara and I got spoiled with AC, PS, 23mpg, etc.
We are heading home tomorrow so I should get it apart this weekend.

Nice drive - Believe I passed Larry going to Charlotte. Didn't know who he was.

Car ran great for entire trip.

Attachments

• power-tour-2014-long-haulers-long-haul-gang-bus-581-650x406.jpg
    power-tour-2014-long-haulers-long-haul-gang-bus-581-650x406.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 15
Yes, I remember you coming up behind me and then blowing past me just past Charleston, WV. Sorry I didn't know who you were either. I'll remember for next year.

yre5a9eh.jpg
eme8a8a2.jpg
5arajepe.jpg
ja7evyde.jpg
etygy4e4.jpg

Back