• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2014 Hot Rod Power Tour

historically we roll in late in the afternoon. We need to be at the stage before 6pm to clock in so no later than 6pm

Not a good first day, broke the transmission.
I think it tried to shift in reverse at 70mph. It made a horrible screeching squealing sound and then locked up the rear wheels. It jerked so hard the pop open gas cap came open. I guess I am lucky i didn't do donuts down the interstate. But anyway, its loaded on the flatbed and going home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402029324.233068.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402029324.233068.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 33
Man that bites, sorry to hear about that Craig. But like you said it coulda been worse.

From infinity and beyond

We are continuing with plan B, my wife's 99GT. Its not as "sexy" but its still a Mustang.

Hopefully the GT will get enough better gas milage to offset the towing bill!
Now at least I can keep up with Larry!
And we have AC!

Damn. Really sad you had trouble after all you did to get her ready for the cruise but at least you are still at it. I would be on my way home sulking. Good for you!

"70 StangMan" said:
That would be my luck. Hope it's too bad Craig.

I was going to +1 ... but I hope that it's NOT too bad... :chair

It might be a good time to switch over to an overdrive transmission.

yhaqy5ag.jpg
Plan B is not quite the same, but it is about the drive and the friends.
I was ready to just go home but my wife looked so sad when I told her it was over. She was calling Amaco and everything! I told her no body can fix this heap but me.
So when I called the toe truck from my home town to come we asked if he could stop by my house and pick up the other car. He agreed to do it!
We had madd it about 2 1/2 hours from home. He made it to us by about 8:30. We ate dinner while we waited. Sat by the car. Lots of people stopped to look and offer help.
We spent today trying to clean up the 99 and change oil and stuff in Gatlinburg. We will still drive the tail of the dragon tomorrow on our way to Concord. We are going to try and have a good time. I am depressed a little about the trans. I didn't sleep much last night trying to diagnose the problem.
I did tell the wife it was going to sit until i have the funds to put a TKO in it so it might be off the road a couple years. That will give time to work on my boys 69!
Thanks for your concern
By the way, my son put Chris' drawing you guys has done for me in the 99 so I can show off plan A!!!

"tarafied1" said:
yhaqy5ag.jpg

I did tell the wife it was going to sit until i have the funds to put a TKO in it so it might be off the road a couple years. That will give time to work on my boys 69!
Thanks for your concern
By the way, my son put Chris' drawing you guys has done for me in the 99 so I can show off plan A!!!
That's the way it should be. Bring 'em back even better than before!

Cool idea with the drawing. See, timing worked out on it for a reason.

Happy to see you decided to go anyway, Craig. I'm sure the tour will still be a lot of fun. My wife and I had a similar situation last summer on a weekend trip to the mountains. We got about an hour away from home in the 914 when it broke down on I-40. Got towed home, loaded the 66 up, took off again and had a great time.

Glad your still going to make it. That's why every house needs 2 mustangs.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Back