• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2016 Hot Rod Power Tour dates and cities announced

tarafied1

2016 HRPT dates and cities:
Gonzales LA 6/11
Baytown TX 6/12
Austin TX 6/13
Grand Prairie TX 6/14
Oklahoma City OK 6/15
Wichita KS 6/16
Kansas City KS 6/17&18
2016 HRPT.jpg

Last edited:

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Most likely the 59 F100. Got all the bugs worked out of the drive train. Starting the Crown-Vic Front end this weekend.

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Venue location from Hot Rod

June 11 – Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales, Louisiana
June 12 – Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, Texas
June 13 – Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas
June 14 – LOCATION TO BE ANNOUNCED, Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas (Heard Trader's Village but that is a hard place to get into and out of.)
June 15 – Remington Park in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
June 16 – Kansas Pavilion in Wichita, Kansas
June 17 – Kansas Speedway, Kansas City, Kansas

Kelly_H

Young Grasshopper
Excited!! I will definitely check out the Austin stop. Not sure how it works for those of us that aren't touring but happen to be at the spot where the tours stop...?

Might be I hop on the road to Fort Worth for the tour but after that I'll be headed to Colorado for a different Mustang-related thing!

tarafied1

Excited!! I will definitely check out the Austin stop. Not sure how it works for those of us that aren't touring but happen to be at the spot where the tours stop...?

Might be I hop on the road to Fort Worth for the tour but after that I'll be headed to Colorado for a different Mustang-related thing!
Kelly,
That would be cool to see you and your car on the stop or two. The way the Tour works is anyone registered gets a window sticker. That just allows for them to park in an area designated for the HRPT cars. Other than that you could drive the whole tour without being registered. They issue a "route" or driving directions for each day but you could follow the other cars or get the directions from Hot Rod's website, they are not secret or anything. You can even register for one or a couple stops if you want in on the "official" tour. As an participant you get more "swag" at the venues. It's not all that great but we don't do it for the swag! I have never gone to a venue as a spectator but many do so you don't have to register. They will just park you with other spectators.

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Julie and I have been talking about this year. This years route was hard to pass up but we were suppose to go the Grand Canyon as our "Big Car Trip" this year. We decided that we are still doing the Grand Canyon as "our trip" but I will do a day or two of the power tour to see and be with friends. I might meet y'all in Austin and do the trip to the Dallas area.

I would also like to host a nice BBQ when we get Dallas. Y'all interested in my cooking? Might also have enough room to let 3 couple sleep at my place (save on hotel cost!)

Have 5 months to work it out.

tarafied1

Julie and I have been talking about this year. This years route was hard to pass up but we were suppose to go the Grand Canyon as our "Big Car Trip" this year. We decided that we are still doing the Grand Canyon as "our trip" but I will do a day or two of the power tour to see and be with friends. I might meet y'all in Austin and do the trip to the Dallas area.

I would also like to host a nice BBQ when we get Dallas. Y'all interested in my cooking? Might also have enough room to let 3 couple sleep at my place (save on hotel cost!)

Have 5 months to work it out.
Hey I know i would be interested in your cooking but Jerry already invited Larry and I over and a place to sleep when we are in Dallas/Ft Worth area. I think as soon as it was announced! But we still would love to get together. We always enjoy seeing you and your wife. I think that has become one of our favorite things about the tour is hooking up with friends!