• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

225/60/15 w WSW ???

B67FSTB

The NorCal dude from Belgium
I am looking for some tires 225/60/15 with a white stripe on the sidewall. :)
I have been looking around but to no avail.
Does anyone know where you can buy complete wheel sets.
I am looking for 15 X 7 style Steel Wheels with 225/60/15 WSW tires.
In the past i have known such a place but i lost it ( the place!! ) :sad :sad :sad

Be aware that there are 3 manufacturers of the 15X7 SSW's: Scott Drake, Wheel Vintiques, and I can't remember the third one. I have the Wheel Vintiques that I got from Summit Racing. I wouldn't be surprised if either of the other two are better quality. Perhaps if I'd taken better care of mine they wouldn't have rusted like they did.

Frank

I like the Drake quality. Are these the ones you want?
C5ZZ-1007-C.jpg

If so $134.95 each is our price for Members. These do not include centers

Thats the one! SSW Now, decisions... 15x7 or stock 14" size? :peter

1966 coupe

any examples out there?

Da-yam thats helpful B67FSTB... at first to confuse this old boy but after reading both articles through they, (after contradicting themselves), confirm what I was thinking and that's the 17's 18's and up are too big for the first gen. pony. Of course tires matter but I'm not big on ultra low profiles on these Mustangs.

The chromed aluminum's at Autoworks International look like a nice rim, but too big.
15x7 seems to be the all around best option.

Anyone else wanna chime in on this?

Question has become who's got the best deal and best quality styled steel wheels and should it be 14" or 15" for my 66 coupe.

Best deal would include lugs, spacers and caps.

"66notch" said:
Da-yam thats helpful B67FSTB... at first to confuse this old boy but after reading both articles through they, (after contradicting themselves), confirm what I was thinking and that's the 17's 18's and up are too big for the first gen. pony. Of course tires matter but I'm not big on ultra low profiles on these Mustangs.

The chromed aluminum's at Autoworks International look like a nice rim, but too big.
15x7 seems to be the all around best option.

Anyone else wanna chime in on this?

Question has become who's got the best deal and best quality styled steel wheels and should it be 14" or 15" for my 66 coupe.

Best deal would include lugs, spacers and caps.

Bit late to the party here but check CJ Pony parts.

I bought mine from there with lug nuts, tires mounted the whole nine yards and got free shipping.

Mine are 15x6 in front and 15x7 rear wheels. Running 225 in the back and 205's in the front.

Don't know why I put it off as long as I did....getting rid of the stock 14's made a huge difference in the cars appearance.

Back