• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

347 Ring Spacer?

My machinist just called and informed me that the oil ring spacers are missing from the stroker kit I gave him. Now, before I go back to Summit and ask about it, I want to know what I'm talking about. He said they looked like a ring, but were spacers used to support the oil ring because of the wrist pin hole overlapping the oil ring land. I understand that, but don't understand how a spacer ring would serve that function. Or am I looking at this wrong?
I need to go back to Summit and try to get them to give me the spacers instead of needing to return the entire kit, so I need to know exactly what they are, and how they do what they do. Anybody??

I'm pretty sure the scat kit I used with the KB pistons used the same spacer / shim on the bottom of the oil ring package. Summit does list ring spacers on their site, so they might already have what you need.

I'm not talking about the wipers. These are spacers that are specific to the 347 kits, because the wrist pin is in the ring land. I have a set coming from Mahle, so problem solved. Thanks guys.

Back