• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4 wheel disc question

SELLERSRODSHOP

i'm in the parts gathering/planning mode on the tr4 project & need a little advice on which direction to go with the rear brakes. the front brakes currently planned will have 10.6" rotors & 4 piston calipers with two 1.66" & two 1.33 pistons. i'm planning on narrowing a rear from an explorer & not sure if the explorer rear discs will be compatible with the front. explorer rotors are 11.22" with a single 1.81" caliper piston. the 94-04 mustang rear discs have 10.51" rotors & 1.49" caliper pistons. if they are interchangable between the housings, will the smaller mustang brakes be a better fit with the fronts or will the explorer parts be fine with a prop valve adjustment ( wasn't too shure about running the larger rotor on the rear)? anyone know if the mustang brakes will swap over to the explorer rear?

Can't answer your questions directly Steve but I have parts you can use for fitting and for final use if you like. I've got front and rear discs and calipers for the '04 Cobra if not too big and a pair of rear calipers from an '05-'09 GT you can fiddle with that I was planning on doing the kit that uses those in the rear but just stuck with drums.
I may be able to swing by this week and drop any/all of that off if you can use it, I have no need for them currently and maybe never will....
Jon

Back