• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

410 CID Clevor ~ Need to hook up PS and Alt

dorsettj

Hello, :craz I recently built a 410 Clevor stroker and I need to hook up the power steering and Alternator to this Clevor engine. The heads are Edelbrock Performer 351 and the block is a vintage 351 W from a 1995 Lightning. I have installed a Moroso electric water pump and realize that I might need to replace w/a manual to get even close to making anything work. Are there any of you running a Clevor and what system did you install? I have called 'March pulleys' and they have nothing available :scar I hope someone can help me with this....

Thanks!

Welcome! Darreld (68EFIVert) is the only one I can think of running an electric water pump. Hopefully he will chime in an help you out if he can. Sounds like a beast of an engine. What is it going in?

Just noticed 66GT350's sig pic, he has (or had) an electric pump

engine2.jpg

The only person that comes to mind with a Clevor and power steering is a guy over on Stangnet. He used the KRC pump and bracketry, but he is using a regular water pump. I would think the bracketry would still work, you'd just have to have a two-sheeve crank pulley to run the alternator and power steering on separate belts. Bracket spacers would likely be needed to attain proper belt alignment.

He is also using a Hydroboost setup that ties into the power steering.

Here is a link with some info: http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/798057-my-current-build-438-clevor-70-fastback.html

I have a 72 stang PS pump and brackets for a Cleveland if you end needing stock or OEM parts. LMK

I have a 429 in my 67 and used March pulleys. The comment about the two grove crank pulley makes sense. Typically both the alt and PS pump bracketry allow for tightening the belts so you could use one V belt for each. You shouldn't need to go around the water pump. You may need an idler pulley somewhere if the belt(s) are going to interfere with the electric water pump. Would a pulley set for a Windsor work if you had the brackets for a Cleveland to bolt up the alt and PS pump?

I am using an electric water pump from Meziere. I was able to run the pump with an idler pulley on it. That was the only way I was able to get the belt system to work with my serpentine belt. I would guess that you could run two different belts lit buening suggested. You may have to make each bracket for it to work though. It really isn't that hard to make one just lots of measuriing and finding the right spacers to use. I made my ps bracket and just used the 7/16" stud in the head for the alternator mount.

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb156/68EFIvert/?action=view&current=CustomPSbracket.jpg&newest=1

Back