• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5.0 badging?

5.0 badging??????

• Lower fender stripe.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Hood scoop

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Grille

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fender badge

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I'm a stupid ricer. Don't do it.

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters

RapidRabbit

Donator
I was thinking of somehow working the 5.0 emblem onto the mustang after the conversion is done.
Not sure how I would like it.

Here are my thoughts. I need opinions.

1. on the lower rocker stripe on the front fender. Cut out the 5.0 logo to reveal the blue underneath. or the new 2011 5.0 emblem
mustangtuning_2156_132379051
DSC01090-1.jpg

2. On the hood scoop. Not sure I could find anything to fit here.

3. On the grill.

4. Fender badge for a67-68 like this.
65-68_5.0_RUNNING_HORSE_FENDER_EMBLEM_RH.jpg

5. Nothing at all.

#5.

Never a been a fan of modern badges on older cars. Besides, a little mystery is always good.

"Horseplay" said:
#5.

Never a been a fan of modern badges on older cars. Besides, a little mystery is always good.

I am with Horseplay on this .

I agree....leave the mystery to things. I even like my '11 GT/CS not having the 5.0 on the outside.

I kind of like that new 5.0 emblem :shrug of course these are the emblems I have that I will be putting on Gertrude. Maybe.

img4816s.jpg

"Kats66Pny" said:
I kind of like that new 5.0 emblem :shrug of course these are the emblems I have that I will be putting on Gertrude. Maybe.

img4816s.jpg
Are you going to mount those on the vertical masts of the deck wing? Sorry. Those just scream "ricer" to me.

I say go for the new 5.0 badge!! As to where.. that's a tough one!

Are you going to mount those on the vertical masts of the deck wing? Sorry. Those just scream "ricer" to me.
If I decide to use them, they would go on the hood (green circle area). I got the set for like $10 from someone who decided not to use them on their fox.
img4153rh.jpg

Or I might get "Gertrude" painted/airbrushed on there. I don't know. I just think with the size of that hood... something needs to go there. It looks nekkid!

Of course now that I seen that new 5.0 badge... :confu

Alright, looks like the majority of you think I'm a stupid ricer, :wtf
I will start shopping for a giant wing instead.

I guess we don't need no stinkin badges.
I was pretty undecided so thanks for the opinions.

"midpack" said:
Having 5.0 on your car is NOT rice... I love em on my Fox :beer
They were stock on Fox bodies so they should look right. :roll Not true for the early models.

My vote would be leave it clean or keep the stock badge. Keep the 5.0 a mystery until you pop the hood...

Back