• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5.0 stock accessory brackets?

kb3

Does anyone have pictures of the stock accessory bracket set up on a 87-93 Mustang 5.0 motor with AC? I have the motor, some of the brackets, but can't seem to make it all work. I have a feeling my Vintage Air compressor won't fit in the stock AC bracket either? Any pictures of the set up would be great. I believe the brackets may be out of T-bird of similar vintage, and that calls for a different AC compressor.

I had a 92 T-Bird (I gave to my son) that I swapped a 5.0 into. I don't have real good pics of it but maybe you'll see something that will help

Attachments

• 92 T-bird CAI 5 0.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 65
  • HPIM0463.JPG
    576.9 KB · Views: 70
  • HPIM0462.JPG
    509.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 92 T-bird C A I setup on 5 0.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for the pics.....it doesnt look like that car has the AC compressor on the upper driver's side like the one I took the brackets off of. I will keep looking.

Do these help?

2475100410070710241S600x600Q85.jpg

2108464500070710241S600x600Q85.jpg

Those are better! do you know what car that engine is out of? Is the engine around where you can take another pic or two?

Thanks!

The pics Ponymany66 posted looks like my donor 89 5.0 HO motor. Here are some pics of the AC area on mine with the compressor installed, removed and lastly with the A/C bracket cut down since I don't have AC.

ac1.jpg

ac2.jpg

ac3.jpg

ac4.jpg

We just put a vintage air (Sanden) compressor on a car with that serpentine belt setup. There's a small curved L shaped bracket that bolts to the rear legs of the stock compressor. You can see it in the pic above. All you have to do is turn that bracket around and you can utilize the four lower legs on the Sanden compressor.

The large steel bracket that wraps around and bolts to the upper hole on the compressor will need to be cut and rewelded to match up with the upper hole on the new compressor, but that's easy too.

My suggestion is to use a Sanden compressor with rear exit lines instead of top exit lines. It makes for a much cleaner installation.

My customer picked up his car today so I can't go and take close ups of it, but I'll look through the pics I have to see if I have a decent one. If you go to my gallery here on Stangfix and look at the 69 Fastback album, you can see a shot of the engine compartment from the drivers side. I think it's too far away to help much though.

Doug

The pics I posted were of a 5.0 from a '93 Mustang, though not mine. If you need more pics just let me know specifically what you're looking for and I can shoot some from my motor (which is still on the stand and partially assembled). I have all of the stock brackets and fittings.

I'm interested in the Sanden set up because that's exactly what I want to do with mine for a compressor! Did you happen to have a Sanden model number Doug?

It's the standard SD508 type compressor.

Vintage Air part number 047006 is what we normally use, which is a chrome rear exit compressor.

You can see it here: [ftp=ftp://vintageair.com/catalog11/pg65wc.pdf]http://vintageair.com/catalog11/pg65wc.pdf[/ftp]

I was using the stock Ford compressor with these serpentine setups and then buying the little aluminum blocks from Doc's Blocks that would allow screw on type A/C hose fittings, but Doc's Blocks is out of one of the fittings and doesn't know when more will be made. So we started using the Sanden's now.

Doug

Back