• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5/20/10 update on 68 Convertible project

JeffTepper

I finally got around to snapping some pics of the project just prior to entering the paint booth as well as after coming out. That's right, it's painted.....we decided to stay with the original color......and is awaiting color sanding next week before coming home for reassembly. Here are the pics:

24_20_05_10_3_19_32_0.JPG

24_20_05_10_3_19_34_1.JPG

24_20_05_10_3_19_36_2.JPG

24_20_05_10_3_19_37_4.JPG

24_20_05_10_3_19_36_3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Nice Jeff

I was thinking you would have it done in time for Baseball adventure. Heck you will have it done, Sold and half way done the next project by than. What an inspiration you are to a Certain fellow who fancy's a green outfit.

What color combo did you decide on?

"PJ Moran" said:
Why is the driver's window down and vent window gone and the passenger's window up along with the vent window?

It was windy blowing from right to left?

:fbomb Jeff, Slow down, youre making the rest of us look bad! :craz

Its looking great, keep up the good work!

To answer your questions: We are sticking with the original colors, Wimbledon White over Parchment with black carpeting, dash pad, and "C" stripe. The driver's door glass had to come out to remove a recalcitrant outside remote mirror and the right rear quarter glass came out for access to the inner quarter for a dent repair. There was no need to remove the other side glass. I don't know why the painter raised the right door glass and taped it up while leaving the left rear quarter glass retratcted. I'm not trying to make any of you feel bad or guilty, it's just that I have a partner on this one and we both want this project to be done............

Great progress. :pbj

I happy that a something other than a ho-hum 67-68 fastback is being built in the Bay Area.

"Fast68back" said:
Whats the plans/progress on the drivetrain?

Stock 390 (freshened) with stock toploader and a 3.0 limited slip rear end, clutch currently under consideration but leaning toward a Centerforce I set up.

Jeff: Will all the interior parts be new reproduction? Or are you freshening up what came out? I'm interested in seeing the parchment interior.

Back