• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'65 & '66 Mustang Street /Competition engine crossmember

Re: '65 & '66 Mustang Street /Competition engine crossmember

I want one for my 67!!! Will you make one?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

"David67" said:

we should have the '67's ready by the end of next week. send me your email address, and I'll be in touch.

Z.
zray289@gmail.com

"David67" said:

sent you a PM

here you go. The distance between the frame holes is the same on the later cars as the '65/'66's about 29 3/8 - 29 1/2". Where the they differ is the distance between the LCA pivot point and the frame mounting hole. The '67's and up are much wider there. This makes the end pieces of the cross member longer, and the middle tube shorter. The end result of all this is that the crossmember for the '67's - '70's is much stronger, than our '65/'66 model, which is no slouch itself.

The photos are of our '67 prototype which is painted with eastwoods extreme chassis black. The production model are being powder-coated. Also the production model will have about another 1/4" of metal below the LCA slot compared to the prototype shown here. Just some overkill.

new pricing below:

due to the higher prices of drinkable beer and grade 8 hardware, the following prices are now in effect until the end of the summer at least.:

the '67 crossmember will be priced a little above the '65/'66 model due to increased fabrication and materials cost, but still less than the competitions more cheaply made version which are going for $270.99 from CJ's Pony Parts and $204.99 from Cobra Automotive.

'65 / '66 crossmember $165

'65 / '66 crossmember with jack pad $185

'67 to '70 Mustang & Cougar crossmember $175

'67 to '70 Mustang & Cougar crossmember with jack pad $195

note: if you have an aftermarket oil pan with clearance issues, and want a jack pad, we have made several off-set and gusseted jack pads that work very well. (Extra fabrication: $20.00)

thanks,

Z. Ray
zray289@gmail.com

Back