• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

65-67 Neutral Switch

Ponyman66

Yak, yak, yak
Anyone have an old neutral safety switch they don't need? What I'm ultimately after are the two double wire leads with connectors off of a 65-67 era switch. It doesn't matter if the switch itself is battered, broken or inop. That'd be a preferable switch to salvage from.

I forget what mine looked like, if you're just after the pigtail (2 lead or 4 lead flat or square?) I may have a spare new pigtail from Waytek I'm using to run my own wires and they mate with the factory plugs. Will one of these work?
IMG_0881.jpg

Jon

A 67 neutral safety witch has 4 lead square connector. 2 red/blue wires and 2 black/red wires IIRC

Attachments

• neutral safety switch.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 43
Thanks guys. The style of leads (switch) that I need are the flat two pin leads (two separate leads coming from the switch).

These would work. If you're interested in letting them go, shoot me a PM please and we can work something out.
2257998420070710241S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks!!

John

"B67FSTB" said:
A 67 neutral safety witch has 4 lead square connector. 2 red/blue wires and 2 black/red wires IIRC

Bruno you are indeed correct about the wiring colors for the switch. One set is for the neutral safety portion and the other is for the reverse light portion of the switch. Starting in mid- late '67 they just combined everything into a single plug. The earlier '67s still used the 65/66 style which still had the same wire color coding, but was in two separate plugs.

Thanks for the info man.
I did use that pigtail on my 67 when converting to a T5z trans.

Back