• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'65 Fairlane Info

AzPete

A friend here has a '65 Fairlane he bought for his wife. Looking for ideas on disc brakes....non power....power steering info as his is new but lots of play.....and any good sites for info on them.

Anyone got info on them?

Thanks. Do they run the same power steering as the Mustang....? This guys is pretty stock drive train wise but the interior has some mods. His wife drives it all the time and he wants a bit better stopping. To bad he left it in Texas....I told him we could have done up the brakes in short order if the car was here.

I believe the P/S is the same type set up as the Mustang with the power ram and control valve on the center link. Our car is manual steer. I would ask around on the Fairlane forums. Lot's of good info. going around. I'm sure they can help. The 62-65 has the same suspension set up so ask about those years.

Pete,

I have a '63 Fairlane, and have added manual discs to it. I used 1970 Mustang spindles and disc brakes. I bought everything from Chockostang. The only issue I ran into was tie rods, but ended up using 1970 Mustang outers and 1968 Mustang inners that I had to cut down 1/2". Other than that, easy swap, and huge improvement. Oh, and of course the '74 Maverick master cylinder.

Back