• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

65 interior paint code for black?

Coupe

Thanks guys. The thing is after talking to three jobbers that ditzler code just confuses and frightens them.

I will check finishmasters Rich!

Coupe

Well, Finishmasters was kinda lost when I told them I wanted some PPG 9259 (Or the like) in a single stage. Are you guys doing a base coat clear coat with a satin clear or what? I am about 1 hour from using Duplicolor at this rate. This makes painting the outside of the car look downright simple.

stangg

Coupe, what did you end up doing here?

I can't remember what I sprayed on my doors 6 years ago... I either used the "OLD" Krylon 1613, or one of the SEM blacks. Since I have some Dupont Pitch Black (99A) and flattening agent I thought I might give that a try this time around. If you discovered what the propper flattening agent percentage is, I'd be in interested in knowing that.

Coupe

Stangg. I ended up using the SEM mentioned in this thread. It really sprays well if you get the commercial can, but I really dont know about durability yet tho. If you use a gun let me know what you end up using and post a pic.

IMAG1384.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Is that SEM's trim black? That's what I used on Shag's bottom side and engine bay. It was nice that they provide that paint in quart containers so you can use a gun.