• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

66 and 67 Convertible Owners, need your help....

mert

Trying to nail down some dates for a design change to the main frame hinge, over the door glass. Docs I have are not too clear.

If you have a top frame with a main hinge as shown below, and believe it to be original, if you could post or PM me your build date it would be appreciated.

That is what I am trying to figure out... if the change was for the '67 year, or happened (as I believe) in the '66 production run. In late '67 it changed again... so some late '67's would not have it...

"mert" said:
Hmmmm..... '66 and '67 convertibles must be real rare around these parts.... :dun

I have a 67 at home, but you will have to wait until the weekend for me to find the time to pull the boot cover off and look at the top.

I read an article once about the 67s and that they were all a bit unique.

Due to over production of some parts in 66 and the strike in 67 the 67 models were somewhat of a bastard car. Many had 66 parts and then after the strike there was a mid year change of many other parts.

I am not sure which parts were affected other than the obvious steering box.

Mel

The hinge on my '67 doesn't look like that. It's build date was Dec 6, 1966, in San Jose.

e7ajemyh.jpg
2u4e2uje.jpg

Not sure of the build date. Will have to check my VIN

"guruatbol" said:
I read an article once about the 67s and that they were all a bit unique.

Due to over production of some parts in 66 and the strike in 67 the 67 models were somewhat of a bastard car. Many had 66 parts and then after the strike there was a mid year change of many other parts.

I am not sure which parts were affected other than the obvious steering box.

Mel
My coupe is half 66 half 67.. but claims 67. :rr

I have a 1966 with a date code of 01D (April 01) and the top hinge you show below is what my car has.

"mert" said:
Trying to nail down some dates for a design change to the main frame hinge, over the door glass. Docs I have are not too clear.

If you have a top frame with a main hinge as shown below, and believe it to be original, if you could post or PM me your build date it would be appreciated.

FWIW
My convertible was built in Metuchen on june 6th 1967 ( Martin Report )
It has the same top frame setup as KB3

Your welcome :bow

Back