• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

66 coupe been stood 25yrs

GT350

found a 66 coupe 289 2v auto a/c etc in california been stood inside for 26 yrs what would you guys think i should offer him, the external body has no rust issues its a non runner.
DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats amazing how it gained a year between you typing the title and the post :mid ...... I'd say its worth more than 2K, even not running, it is a 289 car and not an I6. CA=little rust, probably low miles since it was only on the road 9 or 10 years. I'd bet its worth closer to 5, even though it needs paint and interior.

I second the 2k price(I'd say more like 1500!). It's going to take some time and bucks to get it looking good again. They'd probably just like to get it out of their garage!
dne'

"70_Fastback" said:
If i were you; 2k tops.

Looking at those carpet stains and the A/C right there, are you sure there isn't any rust problems on the floorboards?

I'd spend $1000-$1500 because it doesn't run. If it's been sitting outside the whole time, I'd first do a cowl check to make sure it's not rusted through. The car needs a total resto, which can cost $$$ depending on your intentions and after all that, you have a 66 V8 coupe, non-hipo, non-GT, non-4sp. Not to criticize coupes, because I've owned 2 before, but running early coupes in ok shape (not show cars) can be had for $4-5k.

"70_Fastback" said:
I agree, looks like a 5 stud wheel with 3 lug nuts, the other 3 AR wheels look okay. You west coast guys are spoiled rotton. In the midwest rust belt we would give our right leg for a car that solid...

I agree with Tom. I'd start at $1200 and maybe go up to $1500. Last December I bought a very good running '67 coupe in the same area as this one (judging from the CSUF sticker in the window) for $4200. This '66 will need $5k to be in the same league as the '67 was when we bought it.

"70_Fastback" said:
CraigB - where are you from?
Chicago, but I'm living in South Central KY for the last 5 years. Even here where they don't salt the roads the Mustangs are all from somewhere else and are rusted to oblivion. You just don't find Mustangs that you can't see through.

Back