• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

66 Coupe glass and mechanisms

Shaun

I'm taking out ALL the glass from my 66 coupe. Everything is Carlite except the pass front qtr window. I have all the trim, mechanisms, windings, bolts, everything. Took it all out to replace with Lexan. Minor pitting on the drivers side front qtr frame, new drivers side door mechanism, everything else in excellent shape, no chips in any glass.

I have no need for it so looking to sell. I'd rather not ship as it'll likely get broken. I'm in MI and will be down at Columbus, OH in November.

IMG_0005.JPG

87lbs right there!

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to be off topic, but are you making the Lexan windows or have you found a source? I haven't seen Lexan for coupes....

"tarafied1" said:
sorry to be off topic, but are you making the Lexan windows or have you found a source? I haven't seen Lexan for coupes....

Haven't deceided if I'm going to use these guys or make my own - http://proglasswindows.com/. The Pro glass windows are molded with the curve but all the race car guys I know make them from flat sheet and bend them round when fastening. Pro glass wants $415 for front and $395 for rear.

I bought Lexan sheets and made the door windows. I was going to leave them out, but was required to have windows up to run the drag strip at Heartland Park.

"silverblueBP" said:
I bought Lexan sheets and made the door windows. I was going to leave them out, but was required to have windows up to run the drag strip at Heartland Park.

Well, there's your problem. Those drag race motors blow up all the time. Must-a been your blast down the 1/4 mile that did your motor in. Keep that new one off the drag strip, just run it on the road course and you'll be fine.

"Opentracker" said:
Well, there's your problem. Those drag race motors blow up all the time. Must-a been your blast down the 1/4 mile that did your motor in. Keep that new one off the drag strip, just run it on the road course and you'll be fine.

Man, that was probably 4 years ago, at least!

"silverblueBP" said:
Man, that was probably 4 years ago, at least!
4 years since it last ran long enough to make it all the way down the full quarter?

Hey, I'm trying to sell some stuff here!

Surely we should have a 'give Mark crap' post and have it be a sticky right?

"Shaun" said:
Hey, I'm trying to sell some stuff here!

Surely we should have a 'give Mark crap' post and have it be a sticky right?
Hey, all the Mark abuse is giving your stuff free "bumps" to the top!

"Horseplay" said:
Hey, all the Mark abuse is giving your stuff free "bumps" to the top!

Yeah, consider it a freebie :yah

"Shaun" said:
Mark,

You ain't gettin' any commission!

There's something about what you typed not fitting with the accent...funny stuff!

Back