• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

66 Stang value

Phils69

Hello all,

New to the forum but have been infected with the stang virus for a while. My cousin's father passed away back in the fall and was left with his fathers car and is wondering the value for insurance purposes. It's a 66 fastback k code car with the pony interior, original except for the engine. He has a carbed, Edelbrock headed 347 with MSD ignition which his had built about 6 years ago. Other than the engine setup it has the original top loader and 9" rear for the drivetrain. I last saw the car when I bought his 69 Mach from him about the same time. The body looks great and the original paint is not show worthy but still looks good. Can you guys give me a range of value?

$20k at the low end, based primarily upon body and interior condition, to $35+k if in very good condition, having little work needed to be done. The lower number if someone wants to start a total restoration based upon its present condition.

The k code makes it interesting, but no original engine almost negates that. If the paint and interior are original and in good shape, someone might approach it from that angle, but trying to find a Hi-Po engine--wow. If not a restoration to original candidate, then nice daily driver fastback--mid $20s?

"Midlife" said:
$20k at the low end, based primarily upon body and interior condition, to $35+k if in very good condition, having little work needed to be done. The lower number if someone wants to start a total restoration based upon its present condition.
I didn't catch that it wasn't the original engine. Deduct $5k from each value above.

Thanks guys. I'll let him know. He has inherited a nice car for sure. If it was my $ I'd pay 25k for it the way it sits and be happy to do it. Right inline with what you guys are thinking. Would love to know where the original engine is. Knowing my uncle it may be in the woods somewhere around his house but he is not here to tell about it. He had it since I was a kid and that was a long time ago, 43 now.

Back