• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67/68 vert

I think I'm going to track down a 67/68 convertible. I really think they are sexy. Here is a good example: Black on Black on Black. That right there is my idea of sexy. Just don't think I would drop 25k on it lol. Does that look like a 25k car?

Last edited:
It is hard to tell from a picture what the car is worth. A decent 67/68 vert that needs to be restored can set you back $10K to start. Add paint, interior, top, motor, trans, brakes....etc...etc..etc... and $25K becomes a steal if the care is in good shape. I will most likely have twice that in mine vert by the time I finish it. Once I get started on it!

$25k would be a steal on a decent one given the cost to get it looking that nice, as Ken states. But that money is better spent on a fastback. :D Just stirrin' the pot.

A fastback would be nice. But living in Southern California, I'm thinking top down and cruising the coast. Cruising to the beach at night etc. Nothing like that open feeling of a convertible. A fastback would be dream of course but I don't know that you would like a car supposedly this clean for the price. I'm going to check it out this weekend. I must just end up with a vert lol.

A fastback would be nice. But living in Southern California, I'm thinking top down and cruising the coast. Cruising to the beach at night etc. Nothing like that open feeling of a convertible. A fastback would be dream of course but I don't know that you would like a car supposedly this clean for the price. I'm going to check it out this weekend. I must just end up with a vert lol.
that is why I own one of each. ;)

Would be OK at that price unless it was a I6. Pete wouldn't like it because it sits too far down in the back.

I've got 17K into mine now and it still needs paint. All my labor was free .
I'd say 25K for that car is reasonable if it was done correctly.

Before I pulled my engine I used to put about 300 miles a week on it. Drove it to work all the time.

Vert's are cool. I just can't see spending 25k on one unless it was freshly done and it was like buying a new one and close to the way I want it done. So I think I'm passing on it.

Back