• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 fastback value

SkidMark

Looked at a 67 C code fastback today. Been sitting for 5-6 years in a garage. Body is in good shape, no rust but the doors look like they have had work done. Decent paint, some chips, looks like an older enamel job, probably need a repaint soon. Rust in one rear floor, both rear frame rails rusted thru where the spring bolts in the front, over the axle and rearward are fine. The rest of the floors/rails are great. Trunk floors, shocktowers, aprons are great. Red on red car, interior in good shape, no tears in seats, everything there. Got it running (289 or 302, not sure) ran good, no brakes so couldnt check trans (C4). All lights/gauges seem to be working. American racing wheels with good tires. We couldnt agree on a price......what would you pay??

Pics? Its a tough call, some people think they are sitting on a gold mine, others just see them as an old car needing some work. I think you will find people have picked up early mustangs, coupes, vert's and FB in this type of condition from $1500 to $15K. Can you find one in similar condition on ebay or CL, what is it going for/sold for. What area of the country are you in?

As stated it is hard to value without seeing it....pics or in person even better.

With the rust issues and maybe door damage I'd say the price keps getting lower....sub 10k...maybe even closer to 5k.

What people are basing their sales price on is that it is a FB body, ignoring that the restoration of the bad parts should be lowering the price.

"machlarson" said:
Rust in one rear floor, both rear frame rails rusted thru where the spring bolts in the front, over the axle and rearward are fine.

Thats kind of a big deal. Fixing it at the rear shackle is not so bad, but it sounds like the rear torque box area is rusted and you need to be handy or spend money to fix that spot.

This makes me curious about the condition of the front frame rails, check that again with an ice pic to be safe and snap a few pics... We will be here. :Mark

Back