• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 GT500 Barn Find!

I have never seen one with the hubcaps, only in sales type photos. Surprised to see the steering wheel in one piece. Nice find!

fd

Very Cool! Seems like it's always some Rich A** who get the best deals. Like the guy i met this fall who found a 70 Boss 302 in a barn 2 hours from me and paid peanuts for it-IIRC 1,200$- :char :char
S1050062.jpg

S1050063.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is cool...but pisses me off because my parents live 30 minutes from Death Valley and I've never see this thing!

They are still out there unfound...

Back in the mid ninties, I found a 69 vert some guy my uncle knew had parked in a barn. It was all original with a 351, auto, and ac. He was going to sell it to me for $1200, but my dad talked me out of it. I was 17 and he thought it needed to much work.

That's when I decided I wanted a 69/70 vert someday. Took me almost 15 years to finally get one.

In the early 80's when I first started driving, I went to a local junkyard looking for parts for my 67. I found a wrecked Boss 429 in the shop where the kept the pulled engines and stuff. Even back then though they knew it was worth more than regular Mustangs. I didn't even ask about it since I could barely afford to fix up my 67 buying always like to think I could have bought it.

"SAC69" said:
It'd be a kicker if it was the missing Jim Morrison GT500.

The Morrison Shelby was midnight blue metallic - and it's gone. Crushed within a few years after it was new. The registration is owned by a collector, so the VIN is known. SAAC stands by to invalidate any "impostors".

"FordDude" said:
I have never seen one with the hubcaps, only in sales type photos. Surprised to see the steering wheel in one piece. Nice find!

fd

i think almost every KR model i've seen had those huge hubcaps.

Why would they have the rad support like that?

"Fast68back" said:

Clearance to get the engine out.

"Fast68back" said:

That is not a "KR" or King of the Road. The KR was a 68 and was also equipped the Cobra Jet. The 1967 was just a plain 'ol 428 police interceptor Cobra Le Mans.

Those were Tbird hubcaps, the hubcaps that the 1968 Shelby Mustangs used were God awful ugly.

fd

Back