• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 mustang gauge cluster trim swap

I want to swap out the gauge trim and dash panel trim on my son's 67 Coupe. My question is this a
1. Afternoon project
2. Weekend project
or
3. Here are the keys to my truck this may be a while project.

Many Thanks.....

If your comfortable with these kinds of things it could be done in an afternoon. If you want to take your time, give it a full day but you won't need it.

It should only take an afternoon. It's not that difficult, unless you're replacing the dashpad. One tip I can offer is to pre-cut the threads on the plastic posts on the piece above the glove box and to the right of it. Use one of the sheet metal nuts to cut the threads before you install the pieces.

Frank

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
It should only take an afternoon. It's not that difficult, unless you're replacing the dashpad. One tip I can offer is to pre-cut the threads on the plastic posts on the piece above the glove box and to the right of it. Use one of the sheet metal nuts to cut the threads before you install the pieces.

Frank

Frank,
Why the heck didn't you give me that advice when I was doing Shag's interior.???? :po

Back