• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

68 Charger being given away

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
On my way to my local super market this am, I enter the parking lot only to see an old man driving a blue '68 Charger, very slowly. Diaammm I said. Must go and check it out. He takes like forever to park the beast, which is sporting black plates, but when he finally crawls out of the car, I pull up saying "Excuse me (with a smile) but I bet you're the original owner". Using his cane to help upright his well aged body he looks at me and smiles.

"Yup, it has 130k miles on it, all original". I introduce myself as a vintage car enthusiast and just dumped tons of compliments on him. "Yeah, I had a '72 vette awhile ago but "gave" it away to the cancer society. Had too many problems. Now that I have a modern Mustang I'll probably be giving this car away this year"

Booiinngggg went my ears! "Uh, have any idea how much you will be asking for it? (as if I need another vintage car)"

"Naw, I don't need the money. I'd rather give it away to a charity. Maybe I'll give it a paint job"

"Please do not paint the car. If this is all original including the paint whoever get's this puppy will appreciate it far more"

He says "Well you know? I should really give it to the mechanic who works on it for he has alway shown interest in it. Don't paint it? That makes it easier yet. Maybe I'll go see the mechanic one of these days"

383 engine with single exhaust, automatic. Enjoy: And no that NOT me with a cane, at least not yet.

IMG_charger1492mod.jpg

IMG_charger1490red.jpg

IMG_charger1491.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE!!!!!! Craig!! Tell him you'll buy it for whatever he wants and donate $2k to charity!

Then give it to me, of course:p

Back