• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

68 fastback rear reflector placement

Ahem, ahem, ok, so I told the painter not to drill the holes. This of course just buys me options. I had my dad take some pictures of the reflectors at his place on the 68 Coupe. He commented to me that they looked out of place and he saw a picture of a car without them and thought that looked better.

Damn.

At least I know NPD will take them back, right?

"sigtauenus" said:
My dad goes "what exactly is it there for? At least in 70 they had a light there."

My understanding is federal regulations on automobile safety and visibility. I use it as a tool to identify chebies and mopars, before 68 and 68 and above. :ide fd

Shag went traditional:

4_10_03_10_9_44_19.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
"FordDude" said:
My understanding is federal regulations on automobile safety and visibility. I use it as a tool to identify chebies and mopars, before 68 and 68 and above. :ide fd

Yeah, and you could also use it identify Mustangs before 68 and 68 and above, except for the apparently multitude of 68 owners who don't run with reflectors. :craz

So of course it was federal regulations, as several items changed in 68 due to compliance, but what good is a reflector? They added the marker light to the fender, and there is already wiring right there to the taillights. The question was more along the lines of why didn't they just put a light there instead of a reflector.

"sigtauenus" said:
The question was more along the lines of why didn't they just put a light there instead of a reflector.

I would guess :$$$ Like you said in 1970 they did put a light there. :doh

But I think the whole point of this was to keep you from drilling holes in your quarter panel. :5 Double sided tape works great, it's really thin and you can remove it and not have holes in your quarter panel. fd

Back