• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

69-70 Clutch pedal setup

Sluggo

Looking for pedals to convert my Mach to T5. Pm me with info.

Looking for bell housing, crossmember and flywheel also.

i'm in the process of doing the same thing. in fact, took some time tonight to bolt the new booster to the pedal bracket & assemble the pedals (changing to 4 whl power discs too). i made patterns off my clutch pedal (when i finally found one at a reasonable price) & am in the process of repopping a few. i've got the main pedal arm & foot pad fabbed & ready to be assembled with the holes drilled for the shaft & linkage, but still need to fab up the return spring/pedal stop piece.

"Sluggo" said:
Are you just trimming the brake pedal foot surface on your original?

yes, just trimming my pad down on the brake pedal. i'll be doing pretty good on my complete assembly. i'll have less than $100 in the whole assembly,not counting new rubber pads & trim. after i swap the assembly out with the one thats currently in the car, i will add one of my fabbed up clutch pedals & resell to get my money back. i like stuff that ends up free with just some labor time invested :vic

67/68 are different. They claim on that ebay auction that 69 and 70 are different. Anyone know for sure?

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
yes, just trimming my pad down on the brake pedal. i'll be doing pretty good on my complete assembly. i'll have less than $100 in the whole assembly,not counting new rubber pads & trim. after i swap the assembly out with the one thats currently in the car, i will add one of my fabbed up clutch pedals & resell to get my money back. i like stuff that ends up free with just some labor time invested :vic

Keep me in mind. I still need to get the flywheel and bellhousing anyway.

"Sluggo" said:
67/68 are different. They claim on that ebay auction that 69 and 70 are different. Anyone know for sure?

i know of people using a 67-68 clutch pedal in a 69-70, but the main arm is shaped a little different & the return spring/stop bracket is also different. the only difference that i know of between the clutch pedals in 69 & 70 is the pedal stop. the rubber bumper snaps into the main bracket on a 69, but snaps into the pedal on a 70. that would only matter if you were doing a concours resto.

Back