• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

69/70 Fuel line

I installed the 69/70 fuel line in my '68 today. Just some minor adjustments needed for it to fit. The reason I used the 60/70 was that it routes along the rocker and then up inside the wheel well before it turns to the tank. With the subframe connectors on there the fuel line could not follow the original path. I'm kinda shocked that TCP does not notch the subframe connectors for the fuel line.

Here is it before it went in, I'll have to snap a few now that its in.

2_07_03_09_10_57_22_0.JPG

It runs down the rocker, the two holes in the middle right of the picture are where it used to cross over.

2_07_03_09_3_12_54_0.JPG

Here you can see how it runs along the inner wheel well

2_07_03_09_3_12_55_1.JPG

The top of the wheel well (the two holes in the frame rail are from when I was going to run a rear sway bar), I should have filled them, probably just plug them now

2_07_03_09_3_12_56_2.JPG

Here is where it crosses over the frame rail

2_07_03_09_3_12_57_3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that. Would there be a problem if the car has traction bars? I have full frame connectors plus the bars on Trouble.

"Laurie S." said:
I like that. Would there be a problem if the car has traction bars? I have full frame connectors plus the bars on Trouble.

The only place it may be close is the front spring mount, thats where it makes it turn. I can snap a picture of that area if you need on. I cant recall how the front of the under rider bars mount at the front. The line is right near the front mount bolt.

Which fuel line did you use? The one for a car with a rear sway bar or one without? I have to do this, too, to clear the subframes and traction bar.

You were correct, it does state on the packing list W/O sway bar. It says 69/70 V8 W/O sway bar. Mustangs Unlimited Part Number MUF1009S 02. I believe it was $89.95, which was actually cheaper than the 68 piece!

Okay, we tried to put the line in yesterday. It's fine except once it gets past the wheelwell to go up by the fuel tank. It doesn't seem like there's enough room back there to accomodate the line well enough. Sure would appreciate some pictures of what anyone has done at that end of the line.

Thanks, I'll play with it some more this weekend and see if I can get it routed okay.

Back