• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

69 deluxe interior seat belt question...

2ndgen

I have had two 69 Mach 1s that were both missing the chrome bezels around the seat belt latches...
:wtf

Was it common for these to fall off? Did they rust and the owners removed them? Were the bezels an early vs late production date item? Were they not reproduced for a while and picked off cars? In general, what gives here?

I find it odd that both cars had all 6 bezels missing. Any insight would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
-Rory

"2ndgen" said:
I have had two 69 Mach 1s that were both missing the chrome bezels around the seat belt latches...
:wtf

Was it common for these to fall off? Did they rust and the owners removed them? Were the bezels an early vs late production date item? Were they not reproduced for a while and picked off cars? In general, what gives here?

I find it odd that both cars had all 6 bezels missing. Any insight would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
-Rory

I pulled mine out and put 3 points in. Don't recall them missing any parts though. If I can remember what pile they are in I'll check them. My car is a May 12 car, I guess that's late...........

I could be completely wrong, but there is some inkling of a memory in my brain that seems to think the rear seat didn't see the bezels as often as the front seats. And since mine were cut out, I have no first-hand experience to share... most of the old cars I've owned over the years have had the seat belts cut out for some reason.

The deluxe belts were an option, so there are belts without the bezels and belts with the bezels. Were all of the bezels missing, or only some?

None of the belts had the chrome bezels. I now believe that this is a misunderstanding on my part - it would appear that the deluxe interior did not include deluxe seatbelts and they were part of a different option that included the belt warning light. Adding to my confusion is that most of the pictures of 69 Mach 1 belts I have found on the internet appear with the chrome bezel even though it was a comparatively rare option...

-Rory

"2ndgen" said:
None of the belts had the chrome bezels. I now believe that this is a misunderstanding on my part - it would appear that the deluxe interior did not include deluxe seatbelts and they were part of a different option that included the belt warning light. Adding to my confusion is that most of the pictures of 69 Mach 1 belts I have found on the internet appear with the chrome bezel even though it was a comparatively rare option...

-Rory

Deluxe belts are listed individually on the Marti report and not included in the Mach or GT package unless added. I have one Mach with deluxe belts, and oddly have a standard Coupe with a standard interior and deluxe belts.

I guess I'll quit asking myself where I put my old belts then. No deluxe belts on my Marti.

"Sluggo" said:
I guess I'll quit asking myself where I put my old belts then. No deluxe belts on my Marti.

I really like them... IMO, it's an upgrade that doesn't detract from "originality!" :rulz

Back