• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

69 s code fastback ?

GT350

Does anyone know how many 69 s code fastbacks were built i believe its a GT car and a 4 speed but came with no side scoops from factory has presently fitted 69 GT500 428 motor/c6 trans and interior from same shelby as the shelby was smashed up in the 70s .
100_11081-1.jpg

100_11141.jpg

I will look that info up tonight unless you get something sooner.

Also I know things change and that interior may not be original but it looks like a Mach One interior not a GT.

A 390 GT Sportsroof is pretty rare as 428's and Mach One's were in production that year so it was a bit of a middle ground.

thanks,from what the last owner told me he had the car since 74 they had come across a smashed shelby thats where the motor/interior/tach dash etc came from still have all the 4 speed stuff to convert back.He is adamant that there were never any scoops fitted to the car he painted the car twice since 74 there was no filler or signs of scoops welded shut or any panel replacement also has the staggered shocks.

Thats odd that it never received side scoops. Never seen that before!

The main difference between Shelby and Mach interior is that the Shelby got a 160mph speedometer and it had the special Shelby console. From the pictures it appears to have the Mach console, as the Shelby had the two gauges and the woodgrain section had two toggle switches. The clock panel has a GT350 or GT500 for the plaque, but I think those decals are available from parts suppliers. Items like the Shelby door panel and steering wheel emblems are reproduced and also easily added, so don't let that fool you. The pics dont' show the MPH on the speedometer, but my guess is it's Mach interior with some Shelby emblems added.......or he just didn't get the console from the Shelby car

To answer the question, I don't know how many were produced but you could always get a Marti report if you are serious about buying it.

Looking at the second pic again, that car has an automatic trans. I can see the chrome shifter bezel in the console. FYI

Make sure the ignition is in the lower dash and not the column, as its a bit more difficult to change that over if it were indeed a 70 car.

They did custom work on that car at some point. Removed side scoops and fuel filler from taillight panel.

"buening" said:
Looking at the second pic again, that car has an automatic trans. I can see the chrome shifter bezel in the console. FYI

Make sure the ignition is in the lower dash and not the column, as its a bit more difficult to change that over if it were indeed a 70 car.
deffo a 69 all the 4 speed stuff is there including shifter/bellhousing/trans/linkages/flywheel etc the guy kept it all and gave all the mustang stuff to me with the car.

"Mod9" said:
There were 3891 built with a wide ratio 4 speed, 881 built with a close ratio 4 speed and 4668 built with C6 for a total of 9440 S code fastbacks. I would check to see if the quarters were ever replaced on that car. Find it hard to beleive that it never had the side scoops. The only 69s that never had side scoops were the Boss 302s. I would also like to see the back of the car. Make sure it does not have a 70 taillight panel.
100_1138.jpg

when i get the car home i will look into the rear qtrs

Yeah there is definitely some work done and I'd suspect as Sluggo mentioned that the fuel filler and side scoops were removed, as well as the Boss hood scoop added. Sharp car for sure!

Back