• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

69 Sport Mirror Question

95GT

I just bought a set of sport mirror for my 69 off eBay. The passengers side mirror does not have any glass in it. So I will have to replace it and got to wondering if you can get a mirror glass that would give better vision. The only 69 I ever drove was really hard to see out the right side mirror. So is there any place I could get a mirror cut that gives a wider view? Kind of like the newer cars have. You know the ones that used to say " object in mirror is closer than they appear".

I realize it might be :sbbp; but have you considered just using one of those convex mirror overlays ?

mir335.jpg

Web2.jpg

Just throwing stuff out there.

I will try a local glass shop and see what they say. I have to buy glass anyway so i will just try to find a convex glass rather than the spotter type. I will let you know what I find.

Have you checked to see if they have them already available?

I know you can get them for earlier models with non-sport mirriors.

Sluggo I have been all over the internet looking for them. If they are out there I can not find them. I would sure think they would sell well as the 69 mirrors are very hard to see out with their small view.

Back