• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

70 Mustang rear window clips

classicdoug

I need some rear window molding clips for a 70 Coupe. I'm really looking for the lower ones which are two piece, a metal clip on the car and a plastic clip in the molding. Someone's got to know where I can get some.

Thanks,
Doug

I'm not sure what you are refering to. I guess I didn't know there was a different kind of window trim clip... I guess for a coupe? My FB has the same trim clips all the war around it.

The '69/'70 coupe trim is very different than the fastbacks. The 2 side pieces screw on. The bottom piece goes on with special clips that fit into the trim, and are held to the body with nuts inside the trunk. Only the top piece is held on with the "conventional clips".

I don't think the lower coupe clips are made in reproduction.

The 67 has the sides that screw in. The rear bottom was the same as the top. I hope anyway....

Mel

"sigtauenus" said:
Me too. Is that something specific to 69? Did the earlier coupes have that as well?

Specific to '69/'70 coupes. I don't know about the '71-'73, as I just don't know enough about those years.

Back