• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

73 Fuel Tank

Finally getting back to working on my cars. Splitting from the old lady after 5.5 years so it's good therapy. Dropped the fuel tank on the 73 after it has sat for 10 years. Yep just what I expected, Hillbilly varnish and a bunch of rust and filth build up. I'm looking for a new tank rather than having this one cleaned and resealed cause it makes for sense cost wise. Looking at a Mustangs Unlimited ebay one since it comes with everything I need for a decent price. Where as what I see in the catalogs ordering a piece at a time will easily go over $200 before shipping. I've yet to buy a new fuel tank anything I should expect or attempt to avoid with these tank sending unit kits?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-1973-MUSTANG-FUEL-TANK-KIT-20-GAL-W-O-DRAIN-PLUG-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19bd1310ebQQitemZ110546325739QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

My 69 had one from the factory but from what I've seen its not a common option for the 71-73 as the tankis very different and is mounted under the trunk floor. Amazingly it was rather simple to remove, just the smell was horrible.

Back