• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A 2007 "68 Shelby", pretty cool

tarafied1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320363603941
Wild, I like the front and sides, the rear not so much...
72_30_04_09_7_53_20.jpg

Creative, yes. Nice craftsmanship, yes. Do I like it, no, not really. Kinda made me yawn. I guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

my favorite car is the 68 Shelby. I have rented a Hertz Shelby and driven many V6 Mustang rentals. Also I drive my 67 a lot which is pretty crude by comparison. If I could have a modern Stang that looked like a 68 Shelby, that would be awesome! I love this car (except for the tail lights). But I'll never be able to buy a one off like this. I'll just settle for updating my old Stang. But I still love this car!!!

Honestly, I like it. I think they did the front very well, especially with the chrome bumper (probably not DOT legal on a new car, but meh). I think the rear lights could've been better, but I'll forgive them if they're sequential. I do agree about the backup lights, though. Definitely tacky.

I was begining to think I was the only one who liked it! I agreee the rear doesn't fit the quality, design and workmanship that went into the front and sides. I could fix it I think, if anyone wants to donate the funds for me to buy it???

I like it a lot except for the $$$. The door handles are real neat being retro. All is good till the tail and backup lights. The bumpers are legal because the are mounted to the factory setup from what I have read on others like it. Should have built in twin sets of the factory original for the car.

"Fast68back" said:
I like the front, the rear bumper is butt a$$ ugly though. The reverse lights look sooo outta place.
Yep, they should have spent more time and money and thought on the rear.

Takes me a while to getting around to seeing things on the site. I like the seats, and the air cleaner. There were too many photos to look at! It just looked like any new car, especially on the inside. too modern, and I know for sure, I could not work on it! I like cars that I can comprehend. and for that price, I could buy a really nice~ something else? But it is a good posting and good entertainment! :pop
dne'

Randy and I saw one of these cars at Jason's (Classic Restorations) last week. It looks pretty nice in person, other than the rear bumper....

Gotta say, its not for me. If you want a 68, get a 68. If you want an 07, get an 07. Seems like its trying too hard, not really succeeding and getting a personality complex in the process.

I like it a whole lot more than some of the retro-jobs I've seen. Anybody ever see the 2010 Trans AM kit thing? THAT looks AWKWARD! Makes this mustang look like a naked Mona Lisa. :rofl

The listing is down. So what did the arse end look like? Did they use one of them ugly arse 2010 Mustangs? fd

I remember the reverse lights being mounted on the bumper. Looked like 67/68 reverse lights, maybe 6" on either side of the license plate.

"FordDude" said:
The listing is down. So what did the arse end look like? Did they use one of them ugly arse 2010 Mustangs? fd

I believe the listing was from April. If the last two or three replies to this post had been on the other site it would have been deleted :) :lol

Back