• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A 4-Door Mustang?....... What Say You?

"RapidRabbit" said:
NO! :puk

It's a sports car. if you want four doors buy a taurus.
Whats next a four door corvette?

Well they are making Hatchback Ferrari 4 seaters so why not :nut

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-cars ... ferrari-ff
revealed!-the-2012-ferrari-ff.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The "One Ford" thing is fine, they made the 4 door Fairmont and the LTD II on the Fox platform. There are just some cars that should not be a 4 door. I don't know the stats but even the T-Bird was only a 4 door in 69. Call it a Falcon or bring back any other iconic name you want but don't trash the Mustang name FORD!!!

Nothing wrong with fast or sporty 4 doors, just don't ruin the "name" Mustang. That Porsche isn't a 911 4 door...

"tarafied1" said:
Nothing wrong with fast or sporty 4 doors, just don't ruin the "name" Mustang. That Porsche isn't a 911 4 door...

Exactly! Give it a different name and a different look.

Lamborghini has one too now.
review.jpg

Use the mustang platform make a four door, call it a thunderbird. I do think the falcon would be cool in the states.

Keep the Mustang as it is, convert our Falcon to LHD, Problem solved.
The GT Falcon 4 door already comes with the Supercharged Coyote motor - 335kw (449hp)
and then Ford USA would have a replacement for the Crown Victoria and all the cops wouldnt
have to go to the Chev Caprice, which is an Aussie Holden.
If GM is smart enough to do it, Ford should be able to see the light.

the simple solution is to start producing Crown Victoria's again- They were IMO the best made car in the world anyway- Before all is said and done they will have to start producing them again, Taraus/Mustang/Falcon are still uni bodies IIRC. They wont be able to handle cop duty- I have heard nothing but bad things from cops who have Dodge Chargers they say they are 1/2 the car a crown vic was. I'm biased though I have owned different vics since i got my permit-86-91-and now an 03 PI- still gets 24 Hwy...

"S8NS 289" said:
the simple solution is to start producing Crown Victoria's again- They were IMO the best made car in the world anyway- Before all is said and done they will have to start producing them again, Taraus/Mustang/Falcon are still uni bodies IIRC. They wont be able to handle cop duty- I have heard nothing but bad things from cops who have Dodge Chargers they say they are 1/2 the car a crown vic was. I'm biased though I have owned different vics since i got my permit-86-91-and now an 03 PI- still gets 24 Hwy...

The only reason i went through 3 is the salt/rust- Every one had over 250K miles and were still strong just rotted out.

"tarafied1" said:
The "One Ford" thing is fine, they made the 4 door Fairmont and the LTD II on the Fox platform. There are just some cars that should not be a 4 door. I don't know the stats but even the T-Bird was only a 4 door in 69. Call it a Falcon or bring back any other iconic name you want but don't trash the Mustang name FORD!!!

Not meaning to sound like I'm picking nits, but IIRC the 4 door T-Birds were produced for 5 model years from '67 through '71

That's OK..... It doesn't look like a T-bird, either!

If they want to keep it in the Western/Equestrian family, like Bronco's, and Mustangs, Pinto's, Mavericks, etc......... Then maybe they should call it a Stallion, or Pegasus, or whatever?.... Anything but a Mustang!

They screwed up the Cougars, and the T-birds, and actually started ruining the Mustang name back in the early 80's! They need to wake up and realize that the platform, and design made the name, and not vise versa!

:soapboxrant

:barf1 someone needs to smack the :censored outta who ever decided this. Worst idea ever!
This kinda sounds like how dodge is thinking of bringing back the dart in hatchback form and a 4 door. Find another name for this disgrace.

"scedd" said:
Keep the Mustang as it is, convert our Falcon to LHD, Problem solved.
The GT Falcon 4 door already comes with the Supercharged Coyote motor - 335kw (449hp)
and then Ford USA would have a replacement for the Crown Victoria and all the cops wouldnt
have to go to the Chev Caprice, which is an Aussie Holden.
If GM is smart enough to do it, Ford should be able to see the light.

YES! Bring the Falcon here. I wouldn't mind having one of those.

And leave the mustang a 2 door...period.

Fords new "one Ford world car" plan sounds like build one body and 15 different name plates.....

Back